Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt_xl
3 Posts
Rear Hatch Lock Actuator

I posted this in another thread, but I figured I'd try here, too.

I am having problems with my rear hatch not locking and it took a few minutes to figure out why. Apparently, the plastic on the actuator itself has broken. The one screw in the middle looks like it may have been tightened too much the last time it was worked on and it cracked the plastic. The motor still works, and if you hold the actuator down, it functions flawlessly. Does anyone know if there is a way to glue it all back together, or do I need a whole actuator, and where do I get one? It looks just like the left side lock actuators.. can I just use one of those? Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
7 Posts
I must not be doing something right. It didn't work. I can hear the motor trying to work at times but it will not lock now. When it is locked I have to unlock it from the inside.

Please help,
Woman trying to do for herself.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
7 Posts
Help!!

I attempted to do this. I may not be doing it correctly. I can hear the motor running for the lock at times, so I don't believe it's the motor. I think I did all the instructions listed. I've managed to lose the C ring on top of that.
I'm at a loss.
Any other suggestions?

Single woman trying to do this myself.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2 Posts
Worked like a charm once I found the sweet spot. Saved me probably hundreds of dollars at a dealer. Thanks to all those who post in an effort to help!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2 Posts
Worked like a charm once I found the sweet spot. Saved me probably hundreds of dollars at a dealer. Thanks to all those who post in an effort to help!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
6 Posts
Tailgate lock

Hi all. Last fall my tailgate would not latch shut at all, wouldnt even lock. At one point the problem corrected itself and the whole winter has passed. Last week our tail gate would not lock again but the tailgate would latch shut no problem. This week the key fob wont remote start the Envoy or power the door locks. When manualy pressing the door locks from inside the vehicle the tailgate doesnt make a sound. Rear wiper works fine. I also am not able to program my key fob. Is the tailgate lock actuator bad?. From what Ive researched is that everyone experiences a tailgate latch that wont unlock. Mine wont lock......plus now the remote is unprogrammed:bonk:. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS 4.20 L
33 Posts
Tailgate lock

Hi all. Last fall my tailgate would not latch shut at all, wouldnt even lock. At one point the problem corrected itself and the whole winter has passed. Last week our tail gate would not lock again but the tailgate would latch shut no problem. This week the key fob wont remote start the Envoy or power the door locks. When manualy pressing the door locks from inside the vehicle the tailgate doesnt make a sound. Rear wiper works fine. I also am not able to program my key fob. Is the tailgate lock actuator bad?. From what Ive researched is that everyone experiences a tailgate latch that wont unlock. Mine wont lock......plus now the remote is unprogrammed:bonk:. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
broken wires in the boot and check to see if the actuator is froze right together with rust. also check fuses but if its stuck you will blow them again

41 - 53 of 53 Posts