Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm Ray from the St. Louis area. I basically just gave away a 2002 Trailblazer LT to my sister because a few weeks ago I stole a 2004 Envoy XL, SLT, inline 6, with 81,000 miles. The p/o was upfront and honest about the issues and I was OK with this since the price was very low.
Here's the list of issues and my current thoughts. I'll search through the forum first for any previous post that may answer my problems so I'm not bothering anyone to repeat what's already probably been written.

*Power Steering freezes up at times when RPM's are low. My thought is due to the noise it emits under low RPM and the freeing up at higher RPM's it's the pump and not the rack and pinion. I believe I can handle changing this out myself.

*I was warned to check the oil at each fill up. Sure enough after about 3 tanks of fuel the truck is low 2 to 3 quarts. No external leaks and it doesn't appear to be burning oil through the exhaust. The vehicle is white and shows no soot near the exhaust...and hammering the throttle entering the highway doesn't cause smoke either. My trailblazer did this twice and going with a heavy weight oil corrected the issue.....but not in the Envoy. I believe even though I don't see it...it's burning the oil out the exhaust due to valve issues or a PCV issue....but I believe the I6 doesn't use a PCV...instead some tube type device.

*Odd smell comes from the vents. Mostly when heat is on...but sometimes when the A/C is on. It smells like rotten antifreeze. Again I have no thoughts on this....I'm clueless since the antifreeze has stayed at a steady level.

*The driver heated seat...the back works well....the seat part does not heat at all. The switch lights work but no butt heat. I've checked for a loose connection but could not locate any. My next step is to get a wiring diagram and put a tester on each connection and find out where the flow of electric is stopping.

*The truck surges when the cruise control is engaged and going down hill. My thoughts are a sensor is out of whack and the truck is engine braking trying to attmept to maintain the set speed and failing by surging up 1MPH and down 1MPG constantly. My Sebring Conv. does this but without the surge. My thoughts....I don't care and I don't plan on fixing it.

Everything else checks out....on the highway I'm avg. 23mpg's, my avg. after city and highway is between 15 and 16mpg's. A/C works well front and rear and the 4wheel drive system feels healthy and the kids love the DVD system and I love the 4 wireless headphones so I don't have to listen to the movie!

I just want thank everyone for their time. I use another forum exactly like this for my motorcycle and places like this are a wealth of info that can save time and $$$$$. I'll help out when I can so to return the favors for the above ?'s. Have a great day!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
916 Posts
Welcome! :tiphat

:thx for filling in your Profile. This is useful to us when you have questions about your ride. If we know what the particulars of your vehicle are when you pose a question, we can provide a better answer to you without having to go back and forth for the information. :thumbsup: There are a lot of great folks here with a wealth of knowledge and experience just waiting to share it. :grouphug: We all look forward to your contributions as well.

Have you checked out the Site Rules yet? The site rules can be found under the Resources drop-down menu at the top of any TrailVoy page. A link follows this paragraph. Site Rules provide guidelines for being a responsible participant in the TrailVoy community. :yes: I'm sure you will enjoy this site and it will serve you and your TV for for a long time to come. :)
http://forums.trailvoy.com/view.php?pg=rules

1 - 10 of 10 Posts