Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 05 Envoy SLT XL with the 5.3 and as I am in a wheelchair, I had to get it lowered. I had posted on another site I had found and asked for suggestions on the best way to go about it, but didn't receive an answer. I can see from reading some posts here that this was where I needed to be asking. Anyway,I found a shop locally that did it for me. I had dropped springs put in the front, and as it has air ride in the rear, they programmed the computer to drop the rear, but the front went down about 2.5 inches, the rear only went down 2". I did the drop because it made it a lot easier for me to transfer in to it, but it also looks pretty sweet. I wouldn't mind getting the back down a bit more, but the shop guys said that that was all they could get.I do plan to do a FIPK, and exhaust on the truck (not that it is really lacking in power). The Envoy is my first SUV, but I have owned lots of Chevy and GMC trucks, and still have a 96 Silverado that is also lowered.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
215 Posts
welcome and enjoy your stay!!!:tiphat:coffee

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
Welcome to the site! A 5.3L with an exhaust would sound badass!! :yes::yes:

As for the read end, I think the only thing you can do is install lowering springs/struts. I think you can still use the airbags with the lowered springs

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone, I'm loving the truck, and I have been enjoying the site.
Shel

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
625 Posts
Welcome to the site! A 5.3L with an exhaust would sound badass!! :yes::yes:
:iagree: It sounds awesome!!! I did mine.

Welcome

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
290 Posts
Welcome

Hey hows it goin> how you liking the site so far I am still new here myself but I've learned alot here and there is alot of nice folks. Congrats on the new truck.:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts