Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Newbie here...just bought a 2004 Trailblazer LT, white in color...I'm loving it so far, I have several things that I want to do to it to set it off from the rest, and one of those is a headlight mod of some sort.

I was thinking about these:

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/ctrusa/items/item.aspx?itemid=247090

or even the dual ccfl halo ringed lamps...

Do these also accept halogen bulbs for operation or...exactly how do they work? and does anyone here have these? if so..maybe some pics and the best way to install them (wiring)

I'll upload some pics of it in a few days...

I bought it on March the 2nd and while I was at work, it got t-boned in the parking lot by a drunk driver :( and this happened on the 20th...so I barely had it 3 weeks...but their insurance is paying for ALL of it thank goodness, so right now I'm in a rental..

But thanks guys for all the help in advance and I look forward to chatting with and getting to know each of you!

:thx

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Welcome,

Those lights require H3 Bulbs in the Low beams and H1 Bulbs in the highs... Also the HALO rings are not that Bright.. I have a set and never even hooled the HALOS up.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys!
Thanks for the welcome wishes and the replies to my thread.
I think I will look into getting the projector head lamps, or maybe just oem replacement in a chrome style.

I want the head lamps to be completely chromed out, to kinda blend but yet shine against the white on my TB.

Any ideas on the best place to purchase these?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
First off welcome, and I wanted to do angel eyes but kinda decided against because they only work if you have projector headlights or they are very hard to see..

I still like the look of them tho, and its your truck...do want you want.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome! I bought those headlights last week and just installed them yesterday. Didnt have the time to wire the halos just yet and was able to get my HIDs to work with them as well.i temporarily connected the halo direct to the battery to see what they look like and they were pretty bright. I didn't take many pictures but i have 2 one with them off and the other with my lights on.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do yours accept high and low beam bulbs or just the low beam?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. They came wired with bulbs that im not too sure of the type but they werent 9006 9005, i had already bought an HID kit from 3b spec and didnt want to replace those so i did some fiddling around with some wires and got them to fit. only downfall is im having the scattered look with the light and not the nice cutoff i wanted. i willbe playing with them tonight to see what i can do.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. They came wired with bulbs that im not too sure of the type but they werent 9006 9005, i had already bought an HID kit from 3b spec and didnt want to replace those so i did some fiddling around with some wires and got them to fit. only downfall is im having the scattered look with the light and not the nice cutoff i wanted. i willbe playing with them tonight to see what i can do.
just search around.....there is a guy on this site just can't seem to remember his name and he took the headlight apart and fabricated a shield to try to fix the scattered light from the projectors......good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yup I found who fixed it by making a few mods to the light shield, sent him a PM and hope to get some instructions. They look AMAZING otherwise. 4/10 was 2 years that i owned the truck and decided to get a few things that ive been dying to do. Headlights, tail lights(stock looking but with LEDs), 22" rims(next month), tints (this weekend), hooking up the halos on the headlights will be this weekend, and a bull bar in black. you have no idea how excited i am to finally get it all done :woohoo:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
66 Posts
I heard

I heard that these halo lights do not last long and melt. also i am a noob to trailvoy, dont understand what you mean about the lights themselfs. Do the lamps come with lights???

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
:tiphatWelcome to the site! I haven't heard about the halos melting from anybody, not to say they don't, but I haven't since I joined but a number of members have them!:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts