Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just joined the site, Names obviously Nick. i live in the lovely Southern california area, have lots and lots of places to do some offroading near me. plus my dad and i are going to start a build up on our second baja bug to race in the M.D.R. racing series, and with that i will need a capable chase vehicle. i know there is plenty of threads on this but i wanted to start my own so i didnt have to go back and look through a million threads to find what im looking for.

As for my T.B. i dont really have any pictures, but so far i have this done to it. I have an Airraid cold air intake, with my own intake resonator cancellor, a flowmaster 40 series exhaust with 2.5 inch piping to and from it. It is stock ride height except i stuffed some 30s in there. i have a 100% built by me sound system and a pa speaker with cb radio. dont think im missing anything else.

Now for plans. i want to do the body lift and the susoension lift, bump out the front tires with spacers, eventually waaaaay down the road build my own shock hoops for the front and build some new upper and lower control arms and make this thing into an even more capable rig. I saw the homemade light bar which i am going to build on my next day off. I would love front and rear bumpers with lights on the front and some "reverse" lights wired to a switch. along with lights on top i would love to do a rear facing light bar and put an "amber" (dust light) or two up there. I have seen the tailgate spare tire carrier but would rather have a roof mounted one. i would also be putting a race/chase radio instead of my walmart special c.b. radio.

so sorry for the novel post but i am glad to be here! i look forward to building up my T.B. with you guys.

And also i would love any input you guys may have to offer including links to the threads with mods i may want to do!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you want a good resource, check out www.offroadTB.com.

Throughout that site, you will see little pictures like this:

Click on those for links back to information threads here on trailvoy. Happy reading.

Looking forward to seeing your truck on the trails.
:thumbsup::thumbsup: it will definately be out there soon! i saw that site and it is now bookmarked and is my inspiraton:hail: thank you!!
Welcome to TrailVoy!!! Enjoy your Ride!!!:thumbsup:
ive had her fo 30k miles and just under 1 year and 3 weeks now! i love her more than any car i have had!! i was thinking about selling it as i thought there was zero aftermarket, but now i found this site and i am stoked:woot::woot:
Hey Nick, welcome. For off road mods just search for post by "the roadie", he's one of the resident off road experts for this platform. Good luck and be sure to post pics, we like pics!
i will do!! i will try and find the pics of me offroading it once i put the new bfgs on it... i do quite a bit of "urban offroading" when i deliver pizza... dang pesky curbs

·
Registered
165 Posts
Besides the usual suspension and tire discussions, we also had an interesting thread about what we carried on the trails, and I got to show off my collection-of-excessive-mass. :D

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=57915

One mod you might want to save for, especially if you don't have the G80 locker:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=56696
ya i have alot of the stuff in the first post in my camoiing gear for when we go to the dezert, so i will probably end up doing a mini essential version for the T.B.
and the second link might be useful as i tow a trailer all winter!

Welcome to the greatest site on the planet!:D
greatest site for acutal help, yes! greatest site for drama? i doubt it! lol i have another forum for i vehicle i dont have anymore, and im only there because its sooo funny to read the drama!

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
Welcome aboard from the Corona area. If you are not too busy this coming sunday we are having a little meet in San Diego in Mission Bay. The Roadie and Teebes will be there representing the off road chapter.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
916 Posts
Welcome! :tiphat

There are a lot of great folks here with a wealth of knowledge and experience just waiting to share it. :grouphug: We all look forward to your contributions as well.

It’s easy to find answers to your questions. The Search Engine is accessible from several locations. Just look for the word “Search” and click on it. A box will open where you will enter your search criteria. “Search” is you friend. Know it. Use it. Love it! :thumbsup:

Have you checked out the Site Rules yet? The site rules can be found under the Resources drop-down menu at the top of any TrailVoy page. A link follows this paragraph. Site Rules provide guidelines for being a responsible participant in the TrailVoy community. :yes: I'm sure you will enjoy this site and it will serve you and your TV for a long time to come. :)
http://forums.trailvoy.com/view.php?pg=rules

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome aboard from the Corona area. If you are not too busy this coming sunday we are having a little meet in San Diego in Mission Bay. The Roadie and Teebes will be there representing the off road chapter.
i wont make this one as i work sundays, but i will be sure to try and make atleast one and see what its like.
do you guys ever go out to any of the local dezerts and do like a trail day?
Welcome! :tiphat

There are a lot of great folks here with a wealth of knowledge and experience just waiting to share it. :grouphug: We all look forward to your contributions as well.

It’s easy to find answers to your questions. The Search Engine is accessible from several locations. Just look for the word “Search” and click on it. A box will open where you will enter your search criteria. “Search” is you friend. Know it. Use it. Love it! :thumbsup:

Have you checked out the Site Rules yet? The site rules can be found under the Resources drop-down menu at the top of any TrailVoy page. A link follows this paragraph. Site Rules provide guidelines for being a responsible participant in the TrailVoy community. :yes: I'm sure you will enjoy this site and it will serve you and your TV for a long time to come. :)
http://forums.trailvoy.com/view.php?pg=rules
thanks for all the warm welcomes guys! I ordered the liftmeister lift, i hope it will be here monday or tuesday. next on the list will be the tranny upgrades i keep reading about, and the a pcm tune!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
do you guys ever go out to any of the local dezerts and do like a trail day?
I'm in Borrego every other weekend in the winter. Soon as it gets cool enough to sleep at night. Teebes does Big Bear about monthly, and we've been doing Bishop and the Eastern Sierra every September for a while. Lots of trailvoy offroading.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm in Borrego every other weekend in the winter. Soon as it gets cool enough to sleep at night. Teebes does Big Bear about monthly, and we've been doing Bishop and the Eastern Sierra every September for a while. Lots of trailvoy offroading.
very nice! i will be out in ocotillo wells atleast twice a month from october to march(ish) so i might have to stop by

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
371 Posts
Welcome, Nick! Here's to waiting a few more months till desert season :woot:

I'm thinking about one more 'real' wheeling trip to big bear before then, anyone up for it?

So what other kinda dirt toys you take out to OW? Any two wheel riding?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome, Nick! Here's to waiting a few more months till desert season :woot:

I'm thinking about one more 'real' wheeling trip to big bear before then, anyone up for it?

So what other kinda dirt toys you take out to OW? Any two wheel riding?
here let me get some pics:thumbsup:

bug we are gonna put together

current project/toy

brothers toy

my toy

1 - 20 of 44 Posts