Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm glad to have found this site! My name's Brian, I am about 1-2 days away from picking up an '08 Trailblazer LT with the 5.3L V8, in (I believe) Graystone metallic?. I'm not a stranger to GM's and the GMT360 (my father had a '05 Envoy leased new, was a great vehicle, he currently has a '07 GMT800). Currently selling a '00 Camaro Z28 to make room for the TB. I also have a '95 Olds Cutlass Supreme coupe (W-body platform) with a built engine/trans and I'm a long-time moderator of W-body .com

Here's a pic of the truck I snapped at the dealer. I've been giving them hell about fixing a few deep scratches on the bumper (which I think was fixed today) and also to replace both bowties as they're screwed up and peeling. Reading around this forum, it seems to be common. The rear I could deal with (gold part is gone) but the front one being so big makes the truck look like crap. I saw some of the fixes members have done and I may follow suit.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks all for the quick welcome!

welcome to the site from the "other GMT-360" owners
Thanks! I had been looking for a good clean Bravada for a while but nothing turned up. I've owned 3 Oldsmobiles so far and wanted to keep the blood flowing but they're getting harder to find lately. It's too bad because they were all loaded up nicely!

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm in suffolk, about 5 minutes from Brookhaven National Lab. I have been stopping by the dealer daily (it's in the middle of my work commute) and I'm seeing results! It was in the Chevy service department with what looks like someone working on the emblems :woot: *crosses fingers*

· Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,638 Posts
I'm in suffolk, about 5 minutes from Brookhaven National Lab. I have been stopping by the dealer daily (it's in the middle of my work commute) and I'm seeing results! It was in the Chevy service department with what looks like someone working on the emblems :woot: *crosses fingers*

nice nice any expected delivery date?

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nice nice any expected delivery date?
Just this evening, actually!!

Whoever the guy was that repaired the bumpers did an EXCELLENT job! I can't even tell where the repair begins and ends, and I have "somewhat" of an eye for body repairs. I'm always worried about mismatching or an inconsistent finish, but there was no problem at all.

The emblems were also replaced (both front and rear bowties). They are revised. The rear emblem's gold section is held entirely by a full piece of adhesive tape (vs the last style with a 1/4" x 2" strip). The front one also seems to be built better. Time will tell I guess!

Final transaction went smoothly, except my bank didn't relay back to the dealer that I wanted a loan with a lesser term. Just something to straighten out. Also, I only have one key and one fob, but I'll pick up a new set and program it.

The truck feels new, and the 5.3 is a BLAST to drive! I'm glad I waited for one of these!!!!

Pics will come soon.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pics!!!

Overview:

- 35k miles
- 5.3L LH6 V8 with DOD
- 4L60E
- Larger brake option (included with V8)
- 2WD/4WD/AWD
- Power windows, locks, seats, mirrors, etc
- Onstar
- XM Satellite
- 17" alloys
- What I believe to be 3.42 gears
- Graystone metallic exterior/graphite cloth interior

Pretty much the entry-level besides the engine.

Dealer shot (you can barely make out the damaged part of the bowtie)

Anyway, that's about it!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.