Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a little mod with just a piece of shop vac hose, I think it's the 1.25 size and fed it from the new inserts i cut out and used gutter mesh to cover the hole....we've had alot of rain lately and I looked this morning at my filter and have yet to see any discolor from water, and it's been there for about 2 months now. You can actually hear it suckin air when you wanna go.

what do you think? it's nothing huge done but it helps i think

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
More air to the air filter.......I think with the aftermarket CAI it would work more sufficient!!! Looking good!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I did the same thing. except i ran it from the Fog light holes in the bumper up to the filter.
Bad choice. Those holes are quite lower than the grill area or headlight area. I suggest moving that to a higher location before you a) feed dirt and salt to your intake and b) get some water issues going on.

I could be wrong, and I know "true" CAI's on cars, for instance, come from the lower bumper area...but they also have waterlock issues down the road.

Just a though and my :m2:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,191 Posts
That was one of my main concerns but ive tested it numerous times, Ive sprayed the hose straight up it and nothing has come out the filter end.
I think all the bends in the pipe stop if from going up.

I would also recomend a mesh net or something on the end of the pipe.
I get loads of bugs and S&#T stuck in the filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts