Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my subs and amp in the mail. 2 Kenwood 12", 1200W KFC-W3012 subs and an 1800W KAC 9104D amp. What do you guys think? I wasn't trying to do anything big, but I got this stuff shipped to my humble abode for 280, so I couldn't pass it up! I used my old high school wood shop to cut all of the pieces for the box, I'll post pics as I install and assemble.

Now pics to prove that the system is on the way:

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, work is crazy right now so im working slowly, but it feels nice to actually have all of the things on hand.

Brad, we can definitely talk about getting a box made. I have a lot of experience in woodworking: decks, bookshelves, kitchen cabinets, even our dining room table! This is the first sub box, but I have big plans to make sure it looks right, and has all of the right dimensions for the 12's. A single sub enclosure would be pretty easy I'm sure, especially since I have a ton of left-over mdf after getting the parts cut for mine! Let me know!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,545 Posts
Thanks guys, work is crazy right now so im working slowly, but it feels nice to actually have all of the things on hand.

Brad, we can definitely talk about getting a box made. I have a lot of experience in woodworking: decks, bookshelves, kitchen cabinets, even our dining room table! This is the first sub box, but I have big plans to make sure it looks right, and has all of the right dimensions for the 12's. A single sub enclosure would be pretty easy I'm sure, especially since I have a ton of left-over mdf after getting the parts cut for mine! Let me know!
Sounds good, remind me at the meet :thumbsup:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So work has been terrible, and I haven't had the time that I planned on having... but the box is done, carpeted, sealed, and ready to bump. Now I just have to find the time to get the truck all wired up. Next is the box for Brad! A pic or two for those who will eventually see it:

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Audio GURU's, HELP!

So I got everything installed and working, now my concern is tuning this thing correctly. I have the adjustable LOC from Scosche, on top of the adjustable control on the amp. Is this simply a preference thing? Or is there a right and wrong way to adjust the settings? In addition, where should the radio settings be? I do have Bose, if that makes a difference...

Just looking to get the most out of my little set-up...any help would be great, thanks!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pics Pics Pics, and this thing pounds! at first the pos/neg wires were crossed and it didnt sound as wonderful as i had hoped. i went back to my mechanic to pay him and he suggested to check it all out since the installer may have crossed them. sure enough, they were mixed up, so i fixed them, and BOOM! cant wait to show you mi/midwest guys next month!

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.