Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only thing I know about tuning is what I have read on this website, and on the internet. I am going back and forth about buying the software, but I dont want to mess up my engine. I have no problem with learning how to tune, but if it was that easy why would people be charging $500+ to tune a pcm for you. What about these fans and new thermostats that people get installed. Would I need those to compliment any tuning? Help please:confused:

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
You can tune a bone stock truck with good results, a CAI and exhaust plus efans can complicate things on a I6. On a SS though, you cannot tune for efans with HPTuners or EFILive (V2 w/CAN support isnt even out yet).

Also, the basic package costs about $500 and the enhanced one is $650, plus you have to spend time tuning and learning to tune.

·
HP Tuners
24 Posts
The only thing I know about tuning is what I have read on this website, and on the internet. I am going back and forth about buying the software, but I dont want to mess up my engine. I have no problem with learning how to tune, but if it was that easy why would people be charging $500+ to tune a pcm for you. What about these fans and new thermostats that people get installed. Would I need those to compliment any tuning? Help please:confused:
the main reason they are charging so much is that they are trying to recover their own costs as well as R&D...if your talking about TBSS tunes your talking about $200 per pcm locked tune...and thats their cost :eek: so its not cheap on there end. Then add in the countless hours of R&D time to not only figure out the best route to tune LS2's but also what makes the most power & still being safe for you guys to run for a long time.

lata
Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts