Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Trailblazer
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away- a young man loved offroad. Despite his Father's advice, he continually drove the same car racing and to school. (An assortment of Baja bugs,) (Lots of all-day Sunday repair work.) A lifetime later he married a young woman (NOT a lady) with a 4wd Ranger- and he was hooked. Some time passed, and he built a Trooper with a modded 3.4. He was in love, She was rough, ugly, and crude- but she put out. EVERY DAY.

Fast forward nine years. Sue dies from cooling system failures, after a lifetime of pulling loads far in excess of her own weight. The man, old and tired now, decided it was time for a change. So he bought a 2003 Trailblazer. She was smooth and silky, but did she have what it takes to do the job when it came time to WORK??? She was obviously reliable- the 230,000 on the clock told him that. Just the privilege of having a heater AND a radio that worked at the same time was an exhilarating experience...

So he set out to find out ALL about the care and feeding of Trailvoys. After all, she may be the last mover and shaker in his life.....

And she hasn't given a CLUE as to what her secret name really is....

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS 4x4, 4.2L:, 2016 ATS-V, 2014 CTS-V Wagon, 2018 Audi A7
150 Posts
I hook up daily with the White Walker. No one wants to mess with us.

·
Registered
2002 TrailBlazer LS with all the usual stuff...
10 Posts
Just the privilege of having a heater AND a radio that worked at the same time was an exhilarating experience...
I understand totally. I used to drive a '99 Dakota that I got free, so driving it until the wheels fell off was the plan. Unfortunately the engine idle and the blower motor had other ideas - and in Florida you DON'T want to go without AC. Would have been at least $500 to fix, draining everything, pulling the dash, and so on. Then the TB offered itself, through a coworker for $1000. Working AC, comfortable, nice little options like cruise control, a sunroof, and a touchscreen head unit (aftermarket, of course). So here I am.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts