Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 2006 trailblazer. So far is a nice truck. The only thing I can find wrong with it is it has a quarter million miles on it. And it's super clean. Anyway I've noticed that it sounds like a damn milk truck when it's taking off. The motor makes its own noises when accelerating but there's something else that starts whining too. What is this? Also with it having so many miles, what should I do to keep it running and in good shape? Also this is the first 4wd vehicle I've owned so I know **** about any of it.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
212 Posts
If by sounding like a milk truck you mean the jet engine like roar, then that is normal and it is from the electric fan clutch. If you are referring to some other sound, then you need to track it down as it could be a bad bearing in the alternator, water pump, power steering pump, etc. Also, I am assuming that your TrailBlazer has the 4.2L I-6 engine.

To keep it running just make sure you change the oil and oil filter regularly using a decent 5w30 motor oil. I would also change the transmission fluid every 30 - 50 thousand miles, the front and rear differential lubes every 50,000 miles and the transfer case fluid every 50,000 miles as well. You can look up the fluid specifications in the owners manual - if one came with the TrailBlazer. If not, and you are into doing your own service and maintenance, then pick up a Haynes Manual for your TrailBlazer and it will give you the fluid specifications and quantities needed to change the various fluids.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum!!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts