Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new to this site and want to become more involved with my car and the groups of people who love their cars like i do. I own a 2004 TB LS, it is bone stock with no int/ext mods. im looking for any advice on some cheap and easy mods to get me started so i can get some experience for the more in depth mods. any advice would be great.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
This has nothing to do with mods but heres a good bit of advice for you... we like cookies, so give us lots of cookies:D

Welcome to the site :tiphat

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
465 Posts
For overall looks, LEDs are a great starting point because they're cheap, give you a lot of options for customizing, and you get to take apart quite a number of panels throughout the vehicle.

Another easy one that adds a distinctive touch is painting your rims. There have been examples of different ideas for every type of factory rim available, look around and see if something catches your eye, or gives your ideas for your own custom paint job.

And lastly, if you want to work on performance mods, its best to start out with the basics to help learn your engine. Clean your throttle body, check your fluid levels and plugs, look into all the general maintenance items so you get a better idea of what is where. Then you can decide if any higher-cost items would be useful to you, such as a CAI or a lift-kit and larger tires. Once you've settled on mods that will affect your drive-train, you can wrap it up with a custom PCM to get your engine back in tune with the changes you've made.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
170 Posts
Welcome! I would have to agree with the above statements. Reading posts will give you more ideas than you even know what to do with. Click on sigs, visit sponsor pages, view the gallery and scroll through photos there. Some of the first things I did was swap out various bulbs for LEDs (brighter and not very expensive), tinted my tail lights (done with a can of VHT Night Shades), and added some auxiliary reverse lights... Which is NOTHING compared to some of these guys. You're in for a lot of reading.

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
767 Posts
Welcome to the site!!

If you have an idea of what you want to do start by using the search function. Chances are someone has already attempted it or done it. Just try a couple of different search terms before you give up.

I hope you have time to do plenty of reading. :coffee

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

Thanks guys i appreciate the input.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts