Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just wanted to know of any chronic problems with Envoys. Im looking at one of the XUVs and i dont know much about them. Are there any hidden little problems i should know about before i buy.

Im just a bit weary because the last car i bought was a very problem prone car. Which i found out after i bought it. So im trying to save myself the trouble now before i go and make another mistake.

So if anyone has any advice or hints for what to look for before buying the XUV it'd really really help me out.

Oh sorry if this is in the wrong post, Im new.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
I don't have an XUV but, :tiphat Welcome :tiphat I don't think they have any more problems than the rest of the TV's. Which is kind of a left handed compliment, I know. There are XUV owners on here. I'm sure they will jump in.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I think I've read complaints about the flat panel switches for the motorized roof and rear hatch panels. And since there was such a limited production run the unique spare parts are already in short supply. There have been threads about the design challenges of having a rear cargo area that can be hosed out, and other concerns. Just run a search on XUV and you should find all the threads worth reading.

Personally, unless I had a very unique mission like carrying around hunting dogs that would get the cargo area muddy, I'd stay away from the XUV. Very few times I would ever need to carry a dirty palm tree that would have to extend past the roof line, since I have friends with pickups for that purpose. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i do geothermal drilling and tend to getreally really dirty. i just figured it'd be nice to be able to take all my muddy clothes off at the end of the day and throw them in the back. what are the concerns with the rear area being able to be hosed?

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
56 Posts
I think I've read complaints about the flat panel switches for the motorized roof and rear hatch panels. And since there was such a limited production run the unique spare parts are already in short supply. There have been threads about the design challenges of having a rear cargo area that can be hosed out, and other concerns. Just run a search on XUV and you should find all the threads worth reading.

Personally, unless I had a very unique mission like carrying around hunting dogs that would get the cargo area muddy, I'd stay away from the XUV. Very few times I would ever need to carry a dirty palm tree that would have to extend past the roof line, since I have friends with pickups for that purpose. :D
:iagree: With XUV-unique parts beginning to disappear, I'd consider an Envoy (or other 360) with an after-market cargo liner of some sort. If your concern is using that area for dirty clothes and small things like that, I think you would be much happier with a "regular" 360 in the long run.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a choice in a few different options theres 2 XUVs and three regular envoys, TBs. whats really the diff. between the TB and envoys

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
56 Posts
I have a choice in a few different options theres 2 XUVs and three regular envoys, TBs. whats really the diff. between the TB and envoys
Mechanically, not much at all. Visually, the front grill and fascia and the rear fascia. On the interior, the center stacks (radio and a/c areas) are different. I might be forgetting something, but those are the differences that come to mind between the TB and Envoy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts