Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so after a long and grueling day I finally got all the tuning up and the lift done! Spankin new 31" 10ply Zeon LTZ'z, 1.5 wheel spacers and marks awesome 2.5" lift! It's filthy as all hell, and still needs a whole lot of body work, but the paint is next! I'm really not down with the ass end sag though, (not dissin' on mark's lift) Ive never seen anybody elses rear end sag with the full kit, hopefully the front end does some settling, Ima prolly get some Z71 springs too though just to eliminate the sag. It really aint bad just in these pics I'm on a bit of an incline so it really shows at that angle. Perhaps I need longer shocks? Anyways, minus the filth and the lack of matched paint how she look?

Attachments

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Good stuff! Z71 springs can only help. Perhaps your old rear springs have taken a set?

What's the measurements from a flat parking surface to the wheelwell openings on all four wheels? What kind of mismatch are we really talking about here?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe (not sure i will double check) but the front is at 36 1/4 and the rear is at 36 even. I know that doesn't sound like much of a difference but it looks like a lot more.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, I gues there is a pretty big differance from front to back, front end(both sides) is 36 3/4, rear end is 36 1/4, both sides too, ground to top of wheel well, flat parking lot. Oh well though, hopefully the z71 springs help out lol. Thanks for the comments though!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
916 Posts
You're probably so used to seeing it raked that level now looks odd.
:iagree: Not to say that I thought mine looked funny, but it did take a little time to get use to the level look. It looks so much better than raked. I haven't had a chance to empty the back end to take a true measurement yet. I will probably do it later this week when I get the TB back from the shop (blown head gasket).

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks awesome!:thumbsup:
Now you got me thinking maybe i should do some
changes to the tooling...:undecided

What you mean there Mark? And by the way awesome lift dude, thanks for the hookup!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,031 Posts
Starting to look good! Being that most people are using the Z71 springs to get the 1-1/2" lift that they offer and mating it with the 2" lift blocks it would seem more people would go the way of AlekG and use the 2-1/2" Tahoe lift springs. He got approximately a 4" of lift and you would think that they had an even better spring rate than the Z71 springs since they are aftermarket. Additionally you also have an additional 2" of travel that is not built into the lift blocks. Just a little information that I had been thinking about and though that I would throw out if anyone is interested. Good luck with the rest of your mods!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Additionally you also have an additional 2" of travel that is not built into the lift blocks.
You can't take advantage of that travel without longer shocks. Longer even than the Tahoe/Avalanche Z71 shocks. So the total price to go down Alek's route is about tripled because of that.

And to stop really large tires from hitting the top of the wheelwell, you might need to extend the bumpstops. I have some Timbrens I haven't installed yet for that purpose. I also like their softer landing force design.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,031 Posts
You can't take advantage of that travel without longer shocks. Longer even than the Tahoe/Avalanche Z71 shocks. So the total price to go down Alek's route is about tripled because of that.

And to stop really large tires from hitting the top of the wheelwell, you might need to extend the bumpstops. I have some Timbrens I haven't installed yet for that purpose. I also like their softer landing force design.
But since most are putting Z71/Tahoe shocks in to begin with then an upgrade to a lifted Tahoe shock would solve that problem as mounting would be the same. Sure there is an expense involved but it's not the same expense as going the route of coil overs, probably no more than a third of the cost. I suppose that it is time ti crunch some numbers.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
But since most are putting Z71/Tahoe shocks in to begin with then an upgrade to a lifted Tahoe shock would solve that problem as mounting would be the same.
I follow so far, and agree.
Sure there is an expense involved but it's not the same expense...
My guess of triple is that the takeoff Tahoe/Avalanche springs are cheap because they're takeoffs - less than $100 for the pair. I was guessing that good quality lifted Tahoe shocks, like Fabtech Dirt Logic, were going to be $200/250 each.
...as going the route of coil overs, probably no more than a third of the cost. I suppose that it is time to crunch some numbers.
Coilovers are the FRONT solution, not the rear. Nobody with catalog front coilovers for Tahoes, etc has a way (yet) to mount to our yoke without some custom machining.

There WAS a discussion quite a while ago about REAR coilovers (KBee) potentially being available for lifted as well as lowered trucks, by the owner of that other site which shall not be mentioned. I mocked the lack of engineering analysis that could support the thought that you could mount a spring as well as shock to our current shock mounts, and transmit significant lifting force to them. Laughable.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
My front end seemed higher then the back after i installed marks lift, but then after a couple weeks I noticed the rear seemed to have gotten higher and the truck sat better. I dont know if it was compressing the rear spring to get the blocks in or everything needing to reset and settle, but it looks good now. Give it a bit before you spend more money

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.