Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and i bought our 06 envoy denali 2 weeks ago and we love it.

Few pics of it when we got it home!!

After about 4 days i drove it to work and i tinted it.

Then this past weekend i did some wrapping of the woodgrain inside and did the front logo on grill

Next is dod disabler, black out the rest of the emblems, finish wrapping woodgrain stuff on dash, then maybe radio upgrade. Of course thru all this im also doing all the fluid changes and such. Still have a tin can type noise at low throttle from a dead stop to about 40mph. Best described as a tin can dragging under and hitting pavement. Nothings loose and doesn’t do it any other time. Already changed oil, front dif, and transfer case. Next im pulling tranny plug and doing rear dif.

Let me kno what you think and idea in my noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
558 Posts
My wife and i bought our 06 envoy denali 2 weeks ago and we love it.

Few pics of it when we got it home!!

After about 4 days i drove it to work and i tinted it.

Then this past weekend i did some wrapping of the woodgrain inside and did the front logo on grill

Next is dod disabler, black out the rest of the emblems, finish wrapping woodgrain stuff on dash, then maybe radio upgrade. Of course thru all this im also doing all the fluid changes and such. Still have a tin can type noise at low throttle from a dead stop to about 40mph. Best described as a tin can dragging under and hitting pavement. Nothings loose and doesn’t do it any other time. Already changed oil, front dif, and transfer case. Next im pulling tranny plug and doing rear dif.

Let me kno what you think and idea in my noise.

Welcome and enjoy your new toy!

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some updates few pics if wrapped interior. Did the rest of the wood.

Also did the radio bezel and the center console. Talk about a pain that center console did not wrap easily

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tinted the tails with vivvid air taillight tint. Used the smoke which is like a 35%. Next up is reverse lights, front bumper corner lights and fog lights.

Not super dark to get hasseled but can def tell there tinted exactly what i wanted.

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Did a full wash job on her. Shines up pretty good for a 12yr old vehicle.

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did some more today. Went cheap right now but plastidipped envoy badge and denali side badges.

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did another thing too. Plastidipped rear gmc badge then pulled it off chrome so just red lettering is black now.

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here’s a full rear shot. May do reverse lights darker not sure yet. Did put leds in them tho.

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Been a while since i posted any updates on my 06 envoy denali. Still have the tin can noise but am still slowly doing digging on that. But just did my foglights and bezels today

Used plastidip on the fog bezels because wasnt sure if id like it. I used vivvid yellow tint vinyl to do the fog lenses. Now im debating on doing the grill bezel black and leaving the honeycomb chrome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts