Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum, i just bought an 05 white trailblazer LS and just needed some clarification on a few easy mods.

Ok, keep in mind these are newb questions so please be patient :).

So, first off im looking at blacking out my two emblems. I've read threads of removing the rear emblem using fishing string and such so as not to mess up the chrome. My question is when using the fishing string method the whole emblem comes of correct? If so i would put in a grafxwerks overlay and all. Also if the entire bowtie comes off do i need to reattach it with an adhesive to replace it?

Now to the front emblem, I know how to take the whole grille off as well as the bowtie but if i do so how do i remove the gold foil stuff to replace it with the new grafxwerks overlay?

Ok, final question:crazy:, I was lookin for an HID kit. I wanted one as a simple plug and play. Is there anyone with a good recomendation that would be easy to install?

Sorry for all these simple questions and thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
Hello. Welcome to the forum!:tiphat

I dont really know much about the Emblem ordeal, but as for the HID kit, there are a couple good vendors on here that supply quality kits for reasonable prices. Also note, that one you get HIDs, you will need to disable your daytime running lights because they will damage the HIDs. DRLs run at a lower voltage then required and will cause flickering and strobe effects. You have a couple options to disable them: Capacitor mod which will provide full voltage full time, DRL killer which will disable DRL and still keep the automatic headlight function, Press the button four times or turn the switch everytime you start your car, or go with the DRL disable and quad beam headlight mod.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.