Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i just bought my tb 04 north face and i just discover this forum.
i have some trouble with my seat heater if anyone can help me with this would be great !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
couple weeks ago everyting was good, this week both heater on both seat dosen't work. even the light on the heater switch won't light on, there is also no life at both switch and all connecter sims to be properly connected, im afraid it might be the computer ...:confused:

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I am not sure if there are seperate fuses for the Heating elements.. have you checked all the fuses under the hood and under the rear seat?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well there is no fuses specialy for the heater but all the fuses and relay have been checked...there is some fuse and relay for the power seat but all the seat controls work except the memory for the seat position...

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
well then it looks like its the DDM (Drivers Door Module) and maybe passenger side too..

those can be had on Ebay for less than $80 bucks..

just look for ones with the heated seat feature.. if its not the right color its ok cuz the trim piece can come off and you can do the switcharoo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tanks dude realy appreciate!!! monday i have an appointement at gm, one of the mecanic there is a good friend we'll see what we can do .... anyway i'll give you guys some news monday ... thanks again

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Having a little problem diagnosing your problem, I don't have a drawing for the seat heaters.
Our buddy "the roadie" may pop on here later, I am sure he has the necessary drawings.
Usually there is only one problem when something like this fails, so I'd be surprised if both front door control modules have failed. Particularly, if all other door functions work.
The heaters will draw a substantial amount of current; and most heater buttons are non-locking, push to operate switches (this lets the heater turn off when the key is turned off). This switch type and the heavy current draw means a relay (or two) will be inserted into the circuit.
Because of the heavy current draw, heaters only work while the engine is running, so it is logical to look in the under hood fuse box for the fuses.

So, one of the things we encourage the new members to do, is to get acquainted with the SEARCH function. I just used it, and found a number of threads talking about seat heaters
Here is one, looks like the drivers seat module is to blame http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=53175&highlight=seat+heater

1 - 16 of 16 Posts