Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just got a Superchips Cortex for my '07 TBSS 2WD...I put the Airaid CAI on it a few weeks ago and I could tell a difference in performance then..but I just put the performance tune in my SS today and it totally kicks ASS!!...It definitly throws me back in my seat when it shifts now unlike the little jerk I was getting before...Tomorrow night I'm heading back out to the 1/8th mile track here and I'll get back to you on what my times are..the last time I went I was running 8.77 at 75 mph consistently but I can definitly tell its gunna blow those times outta the water...

but yeah..I was a little sceptical of getting a handheld programer since the majority of the people on this site recommend a "shop/send in tune"..so if your contemplating on which you should get, you should definitly look into a Cortex since you can change it back to stock whenever you want AND the performance gains are wicked crazy for a handheld programer!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
Hey guys I just got a Superchips Cortex for my '07 TBSS 2WD...I put the Airaid CAI on it a few weeks ago and I could tell a difference in performance then..but I just put the performance tune in my SS today and it totally kicks ASS!!...It definitly throws me back in my seat when it shifts now unlike the little jerk I was getting before...Tomorrow night I'm heading back out to the 1/8th mile track here and I'll get back to you on what my times are..the last time I went I was running 8.77 at 75 mph consistently but I can definitly tell its gunna blow those times outta the water...

but yeah..I was a little sceptical of getting a handheld programer since the majority of the people on this site recommend a "shop/send in tune"..so if your contemplating on which you should get, you should definitly look into a Cortex since you can change it back to stock whenever you want AND the performance gains are wicked crazy for a handheld programer!!! :thumbsup:
Good Job:thumbsup:

BTW, with those added modifications theres an 60-90% chance your trans might blow up since the ss trans cant handle the load. Even people with stock engine got blown up trans. Better save up some money for an upgrade trans.:coffee

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up!! but yeah from what I've read on here..mostly the AWD vehicles have problems with added torque so hopefully I'm safe..for a little while atleast..and if it does ruin my tranny..hopefully superchips will help out since it comes with a 2 year powertrain warranty hahaha..but thats wishful thinkin huh? lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update from when I went to the track lastnight....I only got to run down the track once but I forgot to take off the damn st/tc :duh: ..I still ran a 8.63 @ 77mph compared to my 8.77 @ 74mph with the st/tc OFF so I know I could probably see atleast a 8.59 the next time I go with the st/tc OFF lol...but either way it shows that with the cortex it shaved a few tenths off my 1/8th...so for all you sceptics out there...it definitly is a handheld worth lookin into

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
6 Posts
:iagree:
I can back you up on the cortex. I luv the thing. It's so much better then stock.

I put a towing program on it in about 2-3minutes and tow my malibu to the track. At the track i put the performance program back on my TB and run it too.

I'm glad to see some numbers on the improvement the cortex made for you. I'll go back to stock and get some 1/4 mile numbers to compare to the performance numbers. When i do I'll post the results.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
6 Posts
Any updates on this?
a quik reply cause i just got times.
**stock
1st 15.90 @92.6
2nd [email protected]
3rd 15.87 @91.1
4th 15.89 @91.8

proformance
1st 15.68 @92.2 ? It hooked good
2nd 15.80 @91.1
3rd 15.78 @91.5
4th 15.78 @91.5

** not 100% sure it was stock.
The problem is: on the way to rankin rd."street race spot" i hit a button on the programmer went the engine was running and got an error. Tried to put stock program on again and got another error. I reset truck and programmer. then the programmer said it was recording stock program. but i don't think the stock program had fully installed when the engine was on. I hope i did not lose my stock program.
I'll recheck the program and put up a few more times.
Times taken by a Gtech Tesla

1 - 8 of 8 Posts