Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the boards. Hoping someone could help me out. Haven't found any real answers even though I have done quite a bit of research. Just installed a new head unit today, sounds great. The problem is that the HU shuts off when the car is cranked up and will not operate again until the car is shut off. The eject function still works, so the HU is getting power. It just operates in the typical way a stereo would if the car were turned off. Haven't found any wiring problems, but I'm no electrical engineer. The wiring harness is a Scosche GM2000.

HU- Kenwood DPX301

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
I have done countless installs on countless different vehicles and have NEVER heard of this. My only guess would be that you have a short maybe deep in the dash in the ignition wire or that you have a faulty relay. Are you having any other problems with the vehicle??? :weird:

Edit: Ah, the little light bulb just went on, I see where majestic is going with this.... I will let him finish this up.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did do the install. I have just a base model Envoy w/o Bose or Onstar. I'm not new to radio installations but this is definitely the first time I've ever encountered this.

The Ignition switch gets a lot of use, and the Envoy only has 60000 miles so i don't suspect an ignition problem. Also, as noted, the stereo works perfectly in accessory mode.

The factory unit worked fine, and there are no other electrical problems to note. Even the chime on the GM2000 works correctly.

I'm baffled.

BTW guys, definitely enjoy checking out this site. Lots of helpful information and articles.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
I wish I could help you, but I am just as baffled by this problem as you. Sorry :ugh:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I replaced the Scosche GM2000 with the Metra Axxess GMRC-01 and fixed the problem. As was mentioned, apparently the Scosche model is just not up to par.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts