Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I put this in the wrong section but I didnt no where else to post it. I have an 2007 Trailblazer Lt with the I6. Ive driven it for a year and now want to upgrade to SS. But I am curious are they really that fast I mean are they scary fast or is it all just "SS" hype. Also what are you guys getting for MPG i get about 13 with mine now

·
Registered
2008 chevy
16,008 Posts
i went from a 05 LT to an 08 SS and there is deff a difference, MPG is about the same, if you drop a tune in you will get better MPG.

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts
are they scary fast
I guess that all depends on what scares you.:D
OK, we're talking about a truck. A big, heavy SUV. Yes, it's fast. It's faster than my '96 Impala SS was. It's pretty darn quick...but is it "scary" fast?
It has never scared me.:m2:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,529 Posts
I m sure the others will agree with me, if u haven't test driven one yet, what r u waiting for. After that u will be asking urself why u even bothered starting this thread

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
662 Posts
I'm trying to sell my LTZ to get an SS. I test drove a used SS i'm pretty sure it had some mods done to it, because it scared the crap out of me. The damn thing ate the damn ground.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
I test drove an SS to see what the hype was.....it was a bit scary exciting but just the response when you hit the gas makes you wonder........dammit....why didn't I get an SS to begin with.....but anyways....I love my Envoy.....THE END

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,111 Posts
Fast is relative, but for a 5000 lb. truck...yea, their fast. I've got quite a few performance mods (525 HP) and still get 13/17 mpg, while running lower mid 12's at the track. I suppose they could be scary fast, but so far it never seems fast enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts