Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Brand new, and first I've heard of it. Replaces the upper mount and its rubber isolator with poly bushings, so it's more of a BDS design than SMAXX or Mark's.

But they made it for leveling only, it looks like. An appearance item. Not a total lift.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
Brand new, and first I've heard of it. Replaces the upper mount and its rubber isolator with poly bushings, so it's more of a BDS design than SMAXX or Mark's.

But they made it for leveling only, it looks like. An appearance item. Not a total lift.
They aren't doing much for the rear, but isn't the front on par with BDS - theirs is only 2" also - I think.

So Marks Liftmeister kit would give you more lift cheaper.

If you prefer this design, then for the rear, either get Z71 springs or Marks rear spacers.

:undecided

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
now why would a company develop a lift for the tb and not advertise on here? anyways its good to see that more companies are producing lift kits for us, now whose gonna be the first to give us 6 inches?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
now why would a company develop a lift for the tb and not advertise on here?
Shockingly enough, there are trailvoy-owning folks who discover the site only AFTER they have a problem and Google for it. And manufacturers don't always research the market and the enthusiast sites like ours before launching a product. I think they're goofballs, but then they didn't offer me a free evaluation kit first. :rolleyes:

In this case, they sent press releases to the offroad publications on May 1, so it's really fresh news.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
haha wow that is funny... they gave me the kit first!!! ha just kidding

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
269 Posts
Shockingly enough, there are trailvoy-owning folks who discover the site only AFTER they have a problem and Google for it. And manufacturers don't always research the market and the enthusiast sites like ours before launching a product. I think they're goofballs, but then they didn't offer me a free evaluation kit first. :rolleyes:

In this case, they sent press releases to the offroad publications on May 1, so it's really fresh news.
:iagree:
I found this site after i already put the down payment on my TB. If I knew about it before, I'd have a G80 locker and a better gear ratio. :duh:
luckily enough, this site has taught me a lot, and project off-road is in the works! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
34 Posts
I just bought the SMAXX kit and got 1.75" of lift in the rear and 2.5" in the front. I am putting it in Thusrday. Pics to come.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,031 Posts
You could always add Mark's .5" top spacer to make it a 2.5" front kit. A better design than SuspensionMaXX in my opinion.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
625 Posts
You could always add Mark's .5" top spacer to make it a 2.5" front kit. A better design than SuspensionMaXX in my opinion.

:iagree: Better And cheaper I wonder about the upper mounts if they use a polymount like roadie said. i'd buy it if i hadn't replaced my crappy upper rubber ones already.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
98 Posts
Lift is comming

Looks like the ticket to match with some Z71 springs already installed. I grabbed some shocks from shockwarehouse, so :bonk: Just ordered these, so we'll see. Should be GTG :D

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
98 Posts
Theres a couple of 2-3 inch lifts available. Look in forums, offroad and also suspension :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
There are now four manufacturers of lifts, one is a member/vendor here (markmc). All discussed in the offroad forum and can be discovered by a search on the word "lift".

Recommended reading: the Offroad stickie for tire/suspension pics plus the great summary at James Downing's http://offroadtb.com/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts