Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get bored too easy... I just finished this one a couple months ago, and ready for the next version. I've had the truck since Decemember and this is the third version already.

2 Boston G5-1224 subs
MB Quart 2.400 amp
Alpine F450 amp
2 sets of polk mm 6.5" components
Custom Fiberglass box painted to match truck

This is from parts i had laying around the shop, but the next version will be all RD Audio or CDT Audio as I am an authorized dealer for each.

if RD Audio:
4 RD Audio 10" Sonance subwoofers
2 RD Audio 1000.1 or 1750.1 amplifiers for the subs
1 RD Audio Elite 6.5" 3-way component for the front
1 RD Audio Alpha 6.5" 2-way component for the rear
2 RD Audio 85.2 amplifiers for the speakers

if CDT Audio...
well that is undecided. but it'll still have 4 QES-1020 subs

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,531 Posts
man that looks good. But if you going with RD Audio why not go with the Heavyweight subs.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
the only system ive heard with with boston was some guy running 4x G5's with 4x passive radiators. sounded pretty good, guy said he had it setup for SQ, but it was a little overkill for SQ, IMO.

i think you should go for some 18" heavy weights :D:cool::yes:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Heavyweights would be great if I wanted an SPL vehicle... But for my daily driver, I don't think so. I do have plans for another vehicle I have that might get 8 18" heavyweights... For that i need to talk to Steve about a partial sponsorship.

I love the current sound system, but I just change a lot since a lot of people like to view my vehicle and listen to it since it's always around. So I constantly change to show different setups. I'll try and find pictures of my different setups and some of the others in customers cars I've done.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
Heavyweights would be great if I wanted an SPL vehicle... But for my daily driver, I don't think so. I do have plans for another vehicle I have that might get 8 18" heavyweights... For that i need to talk to Steve about a partial sponsorship.
how much current would you need for something like that?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
425 Posts
thats a kick ass box. i like boston acoustics i like their sound

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how much current would you need for something like that?

for the TB's new system, anywhere from 240-300amps at full tilt, which it'll never see.

for the secret project (if i get around to it this year) roughly 2400amps:crazy:
that'll be 4 RD7500.1 amps. 1 amp for a pair of Heavyweight 18's running at .875 ohms for the pair... that's 30,000 watts!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
for the TB's new system, anywhere from 240-300amps at full tilt, which it'll never see.

for the secret project (if i get around to it this year) roughly 2400amps:crazy:
that'll be 4 RD7500.1 amps. 1 amp for a pair of Heavyweight 18's running at .875 ohms for the pair... that's 30,000 watts!
sounds like fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.