Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m about get new shocks for my 02 trailblazer, (prlly get the bilstiens over the pro comps) but will I need to upgrade everything else with it such as control arms struts, sway bars, longer break lines etc. also have a lift kit so how would that work with the slightly larger more heavy duty hocks vs my oem setup I have currently. Any advice and suggestions on how to do it would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Depending on how HIGH you set it up - you may or may not be able to keep the front wheel drive.

The outer CVs can bind up at full steering angles and if you catch some daylight at the same time, that can destroy a lot of expen$ive parts.

I went Ranchos - front and rear with a 2 1/2" lift in the rear set. The shocks have to be longer too 'cause they are sitting higher and yet can be collapsed to the limiters in extreme conditions. Be sure to order the whole package from Rancho as they'll get the right parts for your desires.

The fronts are heavier coil-over set up by Rancho, but are at factory standard static height.

I can run 4WD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I
Depending on how HIGH you set it up - you may or may not be able to keep the front wheel drive.

The outer CVs can bind up at full steering angles and if you catch some daylight at the same time, that can destroy a lot of expen$ive parts.

I went Ranchos - front and rear with a 2 1/2" lift in the rear set. The shocks have to be longer too 'cause they are sitting higher and yet can be collapsed to the limiters in extreme conditions. Be sure to order the whole package from Rancho as they'll get the right parts for your desires.

The fronts are heavier coil-over set up by Rancho, but are at factory standard static height.

I can run 4WD.
I currently run a 4 inch lift , and wouldn’t mind another inch or two. Also cvs?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts