Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Ive recently bought a trailblazer lt '08. Existing rims are stock 17" with 17/245/65 tyres. Im thinking of replacing them with 19" rims and 19/265/45 tyres for the front and 19/275/45 for the back. As i am new to this, just wanted to check what issues i would have with fitting them to my trailblazer. would i need to make changes to the fender, add spacers etc.

PS. i intend to take my car off-roading in the desert on the weekends, so any comments regarding the performance of the new rims would also be appreciated.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
68 Posts
To prevent damage to the drivetrain, running unequal diameter tires on a 4wd vehicle without altering the gearing to compensate is not recommended.

The 275 is a taller tire than the 265.

However, if the only time that you use 4wd is in soft sand and not on any hard surface (packed sand, pavement, etc.) the risk of damage reduces, but still not recommended all the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you recommend going for 18/265/45 all round (as i want to take it off-roading also, and dont want to lose too much in the performance). Another question is that will the 18' rims with the above configuration rub against the bolt (above the suspension and tyre) and will it cut the fenders.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
68 Posts
Both the 265 and 275 are shorter than the tyres on your vehicle currently. There will be no interference with the bolt, nor should there be any with the fender. The only issue would be if you are using a rim that doesn't have sufficient offset to clear the suspension below the bolt. I would recommend a +25mm offset on your 19" wheels to clear. No spacer should be needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot for the info,

im thinking of going with 19" rims with 19/275/50 tyres (plus the relevant offset). Now to look for rims. Im thinking 5 spoke deep dish in gunmetal (my car is blue). will have to do some research on them, as i think they will affect the offset.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts