Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally finished my headlights........to say I am happy with my second set.....so here is the specs on the headlights.....

-OEM Envoy headlights
-Painted the bezel Black
-Tint the orange signals(VHT Nightshades)
-Lexus projectors with TSX-R Lens(The Retrofit Source)
-Apollo Shrouds(The Retrofit Source)

What I did different:
Reversed the setup of the Envoy headlights......where high beams are they are now low beams and low beams are they are now high beams..... please see pics......pics will do justice....

Let me know what you guys think......

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
Like the idea, but the lower bulbs are the high-beams, so you basically have 4 low beams? - The upper bulbs are designed to reflect the light for low beam and the lowers are the high. How does that work at night?

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like the idea, but the lower bulbs are the high-beams, so you basically have 4 low beams? - The upper bulbs are designed to reflect the light for low beam and the lowers are the high. How does that work at night?
LOL.......what I did was I took off that piece that sticks out when it was the low beam...I don't even know what its called...I am lost for words...but anyways had to do a bit of cutting to get the 9005 bulb to fit probably....so no....I have low beams for the bottom and high beams for the top portion......its really hard to notice it but since I adjusted the projectors its give or take.....I don't really care for the high beams...I hardly use the high beams and did not want to leave it empty.....will post some pics of the cutoff and with the high beams at night.....

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
45 Posts
I have a question on your projector light mods.

Are you attaching the projector module to just the reflector so you can still use the stock adjustment screws?

If so, do you think the mechanism is strong enough to hold up the extra weight over time?

Thanks! They look awesome btw!

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I have a question on your projector light mods.

Are you attaching the projector module to just the reflector so you can still use the stock adjustment screws?

If so, do you think the mechanism is strong enough to hold up the extra weight over time?

Thanks! They look awesome btw!

thats what I did on mine.. and they are holding fine so far... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
34 Posts
wicked man love it but maybe i can share mine. i'm from coloradofans.com use to be a member here but sold the trailblazer and got myself a 2005 chevy colorado and i just did my retrofit last week. its tsx projector with clear lens 6000k hid bulbs don't like them now going for the 85122+ philips and E46 shroud tell me what you think.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Wow there is some insane talent on this board!

I still don't understand what the projectors are fastened to!! LOL

-Mike
they are held to the headlight bucket with threaded rod and lock nuts and washers..

you pretty much cut a big hole in the back of the bucket for the bulb holder (eliminating the OEM one) and then drill small holes through the bucket to hold the projector in place..

some also use small L brackets mounted to the bottom of the bucket that is covered up when the shroud gets put on..

I am gonna be doing mine this week...well actually tomorrow

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.