Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
gmc envoy_denali
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a used passenger door module and installed it. I put the two big plugs in and then plugged in the last 4 wire plug and the window rolls down. It won't roll up. The drivers side switch won't let it roll up either. When it's all plugged in the door ajar sensor, locks, heated seats and mirror all work fine. But it's the window that won't

The reason I replaced it is because none of the switches on the Pass side worked and the lock and mirror wouldn't work.

Do I just need to have it programmed or what?

BTW: when i plug the drivers side module in to the pass side, it will roll the pass window up and down with no problem.

Thanks for your help.

Eric

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
I got a used passenger door module

Do I just need to have it programmed or what?

Thanks for your help.

Eric
Thats the problem right there, it is used. Once a module whether its the door, the bcm or etc is programmed you can not rewrite the program. You have to buy a new one in order to get it programmed.

·
Registered
gmc envoy_denali
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
blckshdw,
No, the drivers side will not roll it up or down.

Buc,
What do you mean you cannot reprogram the module? Do you have 1st hand knowledge of this? No flame, just asking. I've read that you can reprogram them.

Any thought on why it would roll the window down without any input from the switch?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
Buc,
What do you mean you cannot reprogram the module? Do you have 1st hand knowledge of this? No flame, just asking. I've read that you can reprogram them.
You can reprogam it but in the long run it will get damaged and you'll end up geting a new module to replace and reprogram. You'll just end up losing more money. Months ago, I got my pcm reflash with the lastest calibrations from gm. Later my pcm burned and I end up having to replace the pcm with a reprogram system. Choose wisely my friend :coffee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.