Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 04 Trailblazer EXT (5.3l V8 optioned). It's really for my wife, and we like the truck...seems to drive well and ride nicely. I think I got a good deal on it, as the dealership said that nobody seemed to want it because it had the V8. But that's exactly WHY I did want it. (everything else I have is GM V8 powered)

I have been looking and looking to see another TB with the V8 badge...but haven't, (in the 4 months we've owned it) and I can easily identify them from the rear because of the difference in the exhaust. (the I6's have the big muffler right there)

Anyways...just saying hello...

Oh, also what is a good brake controller to use on these? Wife will be using it to tow a horse trailer...(yes I'll be adding an external trans cooler)

thanks
Sean

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
Welcome to TrailVoy!!! Enjoy your Ride!!!:thumbsup:

the big "muffler" you have been seeing is a resonator and is Standard on all GMT360's I6, 5.3l V8 & 6.0l V8, yours must have been removed like many of us on TrailVoy have done, nice, cheap mod & sounds better!! Sounds like someone has also added V8 emblems to your ride as well.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm not 100% sure about the resonator being removed as you said...but I'm just about positive that my TB is the way it came new from the factory. I've been all over that thing...and nothing looked changed/modified at all.

As far as the V8 badging...I have seen the exact same badge on other 5.3l photos here on the board.

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Welcome to the site. Not 100% about the V8 emblem, only 95% sure it was added on after the fact.:m2: But you can be totally guaranteed that you TB had a resonator when it came off the assembly line. The "resonator delete" mod is very common on this forum. You should be happy to have saved yourself a trip to the muffler shop, cause you'd just end up getting it done anyway once you start reading.:tiphat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts