Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

New Nav question????

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Delusionary 
#1 ·
Okay guys, I finally found a dealer that located a '05 TB with all the options I wanted which included the NAV system...... I do have a few follow-up questions for the experts:

1.) I have read talk about all the DVD disks you need. When I pick-up the vehicle how many DVD's should I receive??

2.) Also, How does GM allow a user to get updated DVD's down the road?? And if you have to buy then about how much are they??

3.) Has a solution ever been found for displaying a normal DVD on the Nav screen??

And if anyone has first-hand knowledge I would greatly appreciate any pointers.

Thanks again for all the help

#2 ·
spmiz said:
Okay guys, I finally found a dealer that located a '05 TB with all the options I wanted which included the NAV system...... I do have a few follow-up questions for the experts:

1.) I have read talk about all the DVD disks you need. When I pick-up the vehicle how many DVD's should I receive??

2.) Also, How does GM allow a user to get updated DVD's down the road?? And if you have to buy then about how much are they??

3.) Has a solution ever been found for displaying a normal DVD on the Nav screen??

Since I don't have NAV in my TB I'm basing my answers on the one in my Cadillac.
1. Mine came with one DVD that must remain inside the DVD slot when the nav is on.
2. You must update the DVD. I heard they are cheaper for the Infinity (same system). I think the dealer charges around $300. Ebay is your friend here.
3. Yes you can display a DVD when moving at least on the unit in the Cadillac. See Cadillacfaq.com for the procedure.

I'll look at the Chevy website to see if the unit is the same.

#3 ·
I just looked at the system on the Chevy Website. The system looks a lot different compared to my Caddy.

Some things should be similiar though. I'm sure someone here can find a way around watching the DVD while moving.

#4 ·
spmiz said:

I recently bought a loaded 05 TB, the TNR comes with one DVD. As far as DVDs Here is a quote from gm-trucks.com forum

"The nav unit will not display video as it is now, but a video input interace is available to enable it to do that. the interface will only add video to the screen and not audio. The interface requires you to take the nav unit's cover off and remove a ribbon cable and install a new cable that connects to the video input adapter and a dash mounted switch (the switch allows you to select input video or the normal display from the nav unit)
The video interface: http://www.carmobileaudio.com/product/PACVCI
You would then need another input adapter for the audio on your DVD player (you won't need anything if your just using it for a backup cam)
If you are going to use both (backup cam and DVD) then you will also need a video selector switch installed so you can select between the camara and the DVD player.
Everything you want to do is possible but it won't be cheap, the video input adapter alone is over $350."

(Credit goes to BBSilverado for this quote. )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.