Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally finished my exhaust, having already done the resonator delete in a previous post. I added a Magnaflow muffler in place of the factory muffler, I must say the resonator delete and the new muff. sound great togeather. So the next thing I wanted to do was an intake!
I was bound and determined not to buy one of the generic ebay or k&n intakes that have been done millions of times. After long hours of searching I found one that I liked! Its from turbocity.com and made for the I6. The best part about it is the fact that it gets rid of the air resonator too!!!
There are you guys out there that are gona think its dumb looking, or that its useless without a heat shield, but I didnt buy it for any performance gains, I just like the sound they make (and this one is LOUD)! It is def. nothing I have seen before and with the exhaust and this the truck sounds like nothing I have never heard under acceleration!! A nice deep throaty tone!! Well anyway I hope you enjoy comments would be apreciated! I plan on painting the intake and washer bottle black this summer so they dont stick out as much!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
Well, it sure is different!

I'd be interested in seeing how the air flows in that square block where the 2 pipes come together. If that wasn't done right, you could actually have a restriction that flows less than the stock unit, which will decrease power.

But, if like you said you don't care about the performance side of it, then I guess whatever it does is OK. At the very least, it will be a long time before you'll need to clean the filters.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
That thing's gonna need a heat shield. If not, you're gonna see a noticeable loss in power and MPG from the hot air being sucked back into the engine.:worried:

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Have only seen 1 other of these, a guy with a black 03 had it on his TB until he sold his TB for a Cobalt SS S/C. He sold it to someone else on here.

I would really consider making a heat shield, it will help all around.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill probably try and figure something out for a heat shield when its warmer and I take it back out to paint it.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
421 Posts
I like the look but not sure of the way they are brought together. I would like to see more of a smooth look.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle_xl
389 Posts
Heat Shield

Looks knarly (is that a term anyone really uses anymore, besides me). If you can get your hands on some aircraft aluminum, (the stuff that is built like cardboard where you have two flat sides of aluminum and a sandwiched angled portion in the middle) would be great as a heatshield. Not sure who it was but someone on here had designed a template and posted their design for others to copy.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
363 Posts
Looks great - if painted it may look even better!. To bad they don't make them for 05+. Sure would love to get me one of those. :sadcry:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
319 Posts
I finally finished my exhaust, having already done the resonator delete in a previous post. I added a Magnaflow muffler in place of the factory muffler, I must say the resonator delete and the new muff. sound great togeather. So the next thing I wanted to do was an intake!
I was bound and determined not to buy one of the generic ebay or k&n intakes that have been done millions of times. After long hours of searching I found one that I liked! Its from turbocity.com and made for the I6. The best part about it is the fact that it gets rid of the air resonator too!!!
There are you guys out there that are gona think its dumb looking, or that its useless without a heat shield, but I didnt buy it for any performance gains, I just like the sound they make (and this one is LOUD)! It is def. nothing I have seen before and with the exhaust and this the truck sounds like nothing I have never heard under acceleration!! A nice deep throaty tone!! Well anyway I hope you enjoy comments would be apreciated! I plan on painting the intake and washer bottle black this summer so they dont stick out as much!

What's up Dude! It's been a while do you have any update on your Dual CAI.:undecided

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am curious about the performance gains with that contraption......
I'd seriously reccomend the replacement of those 200cfm filters,
with a set of high-cfm heatshielded filters.....

You could also easily construct an aluminum heatshield/filter shroud....:woohoo:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well i got rid of the intake long ago, it used to get so hot that you couldnt even hold your hand on it... Definately not good! Tried wraping it with reflective wrap but it looked stupid... When I removed it I noticed all kinds of sand inside the intake.. All in all it was cool looking but not a good choice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts