5,307 Posts
Lets break it down:

big ed- In charge of the Chapter Program & pretty active as a moderator
Black Ice- Not very active as a moderator at all
Dave- Barely even visits the site, let alone moderating
DucatiSS- Active as a moderator
liquidtherapy- Somewhat active as a moderator, but still pretty new & learning
wmolzon- Not so active as a moderator anymore, likely due to personal reasons

So that pretty much means big ed and liquidtherapy as moderators, along with you and I. I don't see why we can't add three more moderators, and the third one approached me after seeing that thread in the Platinum Lounge:

MrSmithsTB said:
Hi Jman,

Just wanted to throw out there that I would be interested in being a moderator for the site. I love the community and would enjoy helping to keep it a positive place for everyone. I am currently laid off and will be so for a while most likely while I work on a career change, so I have plenty of time to dedicate to the site. So, please keep me in mind when going to assign people.

Thank you
Bob
Personally, I don't have a problem with any of these guys, they all contribute and it's usually these guys that report most of the posts.

So, unless you disagree, and I will respect your word since you are more involved in the community than I am, I would like to promote all three of these guys.

If you're cool with that, we'll talk about the process, and then we'll have to do some spring cleaning in the staff section.

If these guys come to you, just tell them we are still discussing it.

·
Registered
2007 gmc
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lets break it down:

big ed- In charge of the Chapter Program & pretty active as a moderator
Black Ice- Not very active as a moderator at all
Dave- Barely even visits the site, let alone moderating
DucatiSS- Active as a moderator
liquidtherapy- Somewhat active as a moderator, but still pretty new & learning
wmolzon- Not so active as a moderator anymore, likely due to personal reasons

So that pretty much means big ed and liquidtherapy as moderators, along with you and I. I don't see why we can't add three more moderators, and the third one approached me after seeing that thread in the Platinum Lounge:

Personally, I don't have a problem with any of these guys, they all contribute and it's usually these guys that report most of the posts.

So, unless you disagree, and I will respect your word since you are more involved in the community than I am, I would like to promote all three of these guys.

If you're cool with that, we'll talk about the process, and then we'll have to do some spring cleaning in the staff section.

If these guys come to you, just tell them we are still discussing it.
I agree.... we keep Bill, Dave (Liguid), Ed and Warren... boot Dave (Dave) and Larry. Add Bill (Roadie) and Joe... not sure about Bob (MrSmithTB) He is a nice enough guy....but something strikes me as odd with him.... Let me ponder him for a little bit. Aside from that... I agree.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
I agree.... we keep Bill, Dave (Liguid), Ed and Warren... boot Dave (Dave) and Larry. Add Bill (Roadie) and Joe... not sure about Bob (MrSmithTB) He is a nice enough guy....but something strikes me as odd with him.... Let me ponder him for a little bit. Aside from that... I agree.
I can't boot Dave and Larry, as much as I want to. But I can add more active moderators.

I'll hold off on this until we monitor Bob for a bit and come to a better conclusion. I if I am going to promote people, I want to do it all at once.

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
Seriously, you think he is odd?

Look at you and I, two clowns running this huge community, and you think he is odd? :crackup:

So how have things been lately, how is the smoking thing going? I am sure you talk about it on the boards, but you know I don't get to read much anymore.

What ever happened with that hail damage, have you fixed it yet?

·
Registered
2007 gmc
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am still on the fence with Bob.... I say we go ahead and promote all 3 of them... BUT.. with a 90 days probation period type of thing. If we decide it isnt going to work, then he gets the boot. How does this sound to you? I think we should a 90 day promotion thing on all new staff members anyway.

It has been 6 weeks no with no smoking.. WOOT!!! It is getting much easier thats for sure.. I can actually go up and down steps now without getting out of breathe. The truck STILL isnt fixed yet. I was just talking baout it the other day with the wifey.

You saw that Drayton got a new Porsche didnt you?? Well he his coming up on Saturday to show it off and will likely let me drive it!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
I am still on the fence with Bob.... I say we go ahead and promote all 3 of them... BUT.. with a 90 days probation period type of thing. If we decide it isnt going to work, then he gets the boot. How does this sound to you? I think we should a 90 day promotion thing on all new staff members anyway.

It has been 6 weeks no with no smoking.. WOOT!!! It is getting much easier thats for sure.. I can actually go up and down steps now without getting out of breathe. The truck STILL isnt fixed yet. I was just talking baout it the other day with the wifey.

You saw that Drayton got a new Porsche didnt you?? Well he his coming up on Saturday to show it off and will likely let me drive it!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Well, we need to do some spring cleaning before we make any announcements, so that will have to wait till tomorrow. As for being on the fence, I am a little concerned about roadie, he seems to have that "**** authority" attitude which could prove to be a problem. What do you think about that? He is a good contributor, I just want to be sure that he works well with us.

I like the probation thing, I'll need to make sure that we keep track of what they are doing.

Glad to hear it about the smoking, that will surely save you some money and add a few miserable years to your existence... :laugh:

Damn man, when are you gonna get that gem fixed up?

I saw that Dray had a Porsche avatar on one of the sites, and he mentioned that he had a new car in a PM to me, so I put the two together and didn't believe it. What did he do, take possession of the Porsche in a raid and not give it back?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts