Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed some new mods this weekend and wanted to share pics with the members. Added the Ground Force 1.3/3 suspension lowering kit and picked up some Dropstar 20" Wheels wrapped in Pirelli 275/45/20 tires. I bought the inserts on the wheels used and the color doesn't exactly match until the end of this week, close enough for now. :woohoo:

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
looks really nice, i like those wheels and it sits perfect:thumbsup:. you install the lowering kit yourself? if so was it easy? and what exactly was it that you bought? just the coils? i'm thinking of a drop myself so any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks really nice, i like those wheels and it sits perfect:thumbsup:. you install the lowering kit yourself? if so was it easy? and what exactly was it that you bought? just the coils? i'm thinking of a drop myself so any help is appreciated.
I bought the Ground Force 1.3"/3" lowering springs from Jegs, 219.00 plus shipping came to 247.00, came overnight too. Kit was very easy to install, did it myself in about 1 hour with the lift and the proper tools. I am really impressed with the look and the way she rides. I was going to go with the Belltech 2/3 drop but i found evidence and pics that it will really mess with allignment, ball joints, and cv's. The Ground Force Kit came out to be the best without serious mods and i love the appearance. Thanks for the :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
yea i was checkin out the beltech as well and noticed some of the posts that it messes the alignment up in the rear and need to get a panhard bar. and yours def looks good and glad its workin so far. but i must say if you don't use the roof rack, remove it... i took mine off last week and it looks so much better.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea Luck8206 helped, and he did get his hands dirty.....i can validate that...

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
looks great...i have 20s on my truck with this same drop...love it...IMO remove the roof rack (really simple) and tint yur tailights but it still looks great...esp the inserts on the rims :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
262 Posts
looks good. hey with the ground force, what shocks and struts are you running? did u just reuse the stock shocks or get ss or nitro drop shocks? im planning on getting this done here before the meet in indy this may

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
599 Posts
Looks good. I have some Ground force springs waiting to go in when i get back from school. How is the ride quality with the stock shocks?

And is it just me or does the front sitting too high? Looks a little uneven.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
looks good. hey with the ground force, what shocks and struts are you running? did u just reuse the stock shocks or get ss or nitro drop shocks? im planning on getting this done here before the meet in indy this may
:thx I reused the stock struts and shocks. I am ok with that for now. Was a very easy job with the right tools and a lift, got a buddy who has a giant garage and am very thankful for that. I will be upgrading the shocks and struts with the nitro equipment as soon and i get some more cash flow.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks good. I have some Ground force springs waiting to go in when i get back from school. How is the ride quality with the stock shocks?

And is it just me or does the front sitting too high? Looks a little uneven.
:thx I did reuse the stock struts and shocks and am ok with the ride quality. I have alot of what they call "bump steer" but i was told that its because i have not had it alligned yet, (will be done the end of this week). As far as the front looking like it is a little higher that the back, i have gotten that from a few of my buddies but on even ground and measured, all is good. I do have the a$$ end loaded down with alot of stereo equipment and in the near future, i will be looking into some anti-sag methods because of the weight and i do tow a rather large boat.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Does your rear axle sit to one side or is it not as bad as people say it is?
Well, i didn't notice anything by just looking at it with the naked eye. I never really got down and measured it but i can tell you that if it is, it is not noticable at all. From a few posts that i read, with the Ground Force Kit, there hasn't been too much of a problem with that....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts