Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2004 isuzu ascender
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a set of Michelin Lattitudes mounted today and I must say so far I like the ride. I am replacing a set of Mastercraft tires from the previous owner and, granted they're new, but they feel like a good improvement. Nice and quiet as well. I have yet to feel how they are in rain, but I am sure I will get to soon knowing how Portland can be. I will let you know how they handle once I see some puddles on the road.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
With a 150 + days of rain it will not be long. Let us know what you think.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
211 Posts
I live in the Seattle area. In the rain there is no contest.. The latitudes definitely outperform any other tire in the rain.. They are also above average in the Snow. as well as above average in on the ice. Yes, I said on the Ice. Here in seattle the the snow will melt and it freezes during the night.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
152 Posts
Holy Crap. The Latitudes are $208 in Sam's Club plus install, taxes, etc, etc. The Cross Terrains are "only" $149. I have 3/32 left on the tread after 68,000 miles so I can't complain. But ouch. Tires gonna run over $700 before I get out the door. Comparable tires are not that much cheaper. I checked tirerack and others.

Looks like these new sneakers are gonna cost big:worried:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
254 Posts
$208 is cheap for Latitudes.

I've always had Michelins. They ride smooth, no noise, great traction and long mileage. In the long run the final cost is a lot lower then others. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
48 Posts
Holy Crap. The Latitudes are $208 in Sam's Club plus install, taxes, etc, etc. The Cross Terrains are "only" $149. I have 3/32 left on the tread after 68,000 miles so I can't complain. But ouch. Tires gonna run over $700 before I get out the door. Comparable tires are not that much cheaper. I checked tirerack and others.

Looks like these new sneakers are gonna cost big:worried:
discount tire is cheaper.
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/ti...EINT|pc|85248&tmn=Latitude+Tour&typ=Truck/SUV

·
Registered
2004 isuzu ascender
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got mine at Costco - they had a $70 off coupon. At costco.com, the cross terrains ran more expansive than the lattitudes. Something like $189 vs $212. Just ordered them online and had them shipped to the local warehouse and installed. Worked out pretty well.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
We have Latitude ice for the winter tires and they have performed excellent, my wife's Trailblazer and she is very pleased with them.
Just installed Falken's for the summer, hope they turn out good.
Living in the country

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
48 Posts
Got mine at Costco - they had a $70 off coupon. At costco.com, the cross terrains ran more expansive than the lattitudes. Something like $189 vs $212. Just ordered them online and had them shipped to the local warehouse and installed. Worked out pretty well.
costco is a joke. haha thay wont go more than an inch over stock. should have gone to discount

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
152 Posts
costco is a joke. haha thay wont go more than an inch over stock. should have gone to discount

Go figure! I just had 4 17" Cross Terrains installed at Sam's Club today. The tires were $150 each and $70 off (which amounted to free installation). With all the extras I was out-the-door at $653.00
The tire shop a block away wanted $888.00 I don't think so:nono:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
152 Posts
Sams must be running similar to costco then. We don't have any sams locally. Just super walmarts. They're pretty much like a costco though, right?
Sounds similar to me - esp. if they are both offering the $70 discount for 4 Michelins. The Sam's guy said that is "basically free installation". I checked with the uptown tire discount center. They offered no free installation and the Cross Terrains were $205 each not $150 each.

So as I said around $650 out the door including taxes and installation means:

$150 x 4 =$600
So only $50 for sales tax, federal tax, state removal fees, not too shabby.

If you want to compare Costco to Sam's and you don't have a local Sam's, check them out online at at samsclub.com

I'm a happy guy:cool:

·
Registered
2005 isuzu ascender
76 Posts
its been a few months for those of you that had Latitude Touring (where they the HP or non HP?)

How have they been doing? Have you noticed any change in MPG good or bad... I doubt anyone has seen any snow yet - but curious how they are in the white stuff.

But my 2 biggest things are good return on MPG, nice quite ride - while giving better then good traction :)

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
johnner1999,
I just answered your PM.

I'm very happy with the latitudes on my Denali and have around 23k miles on them. I think I still have around 6 or 7/32s on them.

They are great in snow, a lot better than the GY Forteras. Mileage is definitely better as the Forteras were just about shot at 23k. I have noticed feeling the bumps more than the Forteras but nothing bad. The wife actually noticed it first.

I have the HP version which is slightly cheaper (about $150 ea at tirerack in the Denali size). The non-HP is about $175 per tire and seems to have better ratings than the HP for everything. I would just bring the quote to my local Discount Store and they match it. Add in road hazard/free replacement certificates and mounting and you are looking over $800 for the non HPs but IMO they are worth it. Forteras are $99 on the same site but I would be needing to replace them now (based on the first set). Forteras were bad in snow causing the traction control to come on frequently. Don't see it come on near as much with the Latitudes.

MPG is similar as I mentioned in the PM.

Are their cheaper options out there, heck yeah? Better for the money? I don't think so. I always use Michelin once the OEM tires wear out on all of my cars. GM can save me a bunch of money by just going to them outright.

·
Registered
2005 isuzu ascender
76 Posts
thanks a bunch... the info is good to hear from a member here...

the factory size on my "fake" TrailVoy (Isuzu) is 245/65-17 and they are a tad more at my local shop I got them down to $195 plus balancing :-( But I think it will be money well spent.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
267 Posts
thanks a bunch... the info is good to hear from a member here...

the factory size on my "fake" TrailVoy (Isuzu) is 245/65-17 and they are a tad more at my local shop I got them down to $195 plus balancing :-( But I think it will be money well spent.
245/65/17 is the standard for all GMT360s (and 245/70/16) and yes, tires tend to be more expensive in this size.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got home with a set of Latitudes.

Cost me $820.00 w/ road hazard and alignment.

If they got as far as I think they will, not a bad deal.

TB had some type of American Eagle from the original owner.

All you had to do was to spit in front of one of those and it would start slipping.

The Lats were a ton quieter on the ride home.

Will see how they do in the wet this afternoon

·
Registered
2004 isuzu ascender
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've got around 4k miles on them so far, and they're working well! I've gone through a good amount of Portland rain in them, and I really like how they handle. They are quieter, and have a smoother ride. The mpg has gone up for me, but marginally - maybe a half to 1 mpg. I would say they were money well spent though - definitely an improvement over the older tires that were on the Envoy. I've also since moved down to southern California, and the road trip went well. Not as much rain here in Cali, but still good tires to have. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.