Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off hello and glad i found this site.
i have an 03 TB EXT I6. i have been pretty lucky and havent had many of the usual issues. but ..................lol
went to make a pass the other day and when i pressed the gas peddle down the engine sped up but i didnt get the usual kick down from the tranny. i just hit 80k and thought might as well do some maintenance, changed plugs, fuel filter and cleaned k&n air filter. test drove it and same issue. didnt think that would fix it but it was time anyway.

parked it for a few days thinking i was gonna have to take to the stealership and get a call that i need a tranny i was getting kinda depressed. well had to do some running around and today and to my enjoyment everything is fine. my driveway is at an angle and i normally park facing up hill for some reason i backed in this time. i was thinking maybe the tranny filter was clogged and by parking down hill for a couple of days the clog or what ever it was shifted enough to get the fluid pressure up enough to shift normal.

i was thinking of taking it to a shop and get full fluid change (and filter)
before i get to involved in chasing a problem and throwing money at it has anybody else had this issue and found the fix????

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Usually lots of help here - sometimes if people reading the thread don't have an answer you don't get a reply - but that's better than a bad one!!

No, I don't recall reading about that - glad it's acting OK now though.

As far as the total fluid change, some say do it. Some say once you're close to 100k, just do a normal (not total) change.

Not much help - huh! Look around, I'm sure there's some threads about the changing fluid part.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply.
in all the haste i forgot to even check the fluid.
fluid level is fine, fluid its self kinda light in color but no burt smell.
gonna take it to an ammco and hear what they have to say. called onr the other day and actually spoke to the owner who seemed straight forward. that was the second one called, the guy at the first one i called kept quoting me higher and higher and said if he does a full flush he would only refill with synthetic which of course ran the price up even more lol

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
25 Posts
Tranny Issue

Keep an eye on your tranny...mine went out at 35K and had to be replaced. I hit the gas pedal crossing over the Williamsburg Bridge and ended up coasting off the bridge into Manhattan. TBs had a problem with the tranny shearing and lucky for me I was less than 1K from my warranty expiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts