Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I regularly drive a 2017 Miata RF, and even with Blizzaks she don't like snow or winter. And she's lousy at hauling 8' and 10' boards, or much of anything else. Been looking for an older SUV for some time, this '06 Envoy seemed to fit all my needs. Only 126k, seems in good shape and only thing needing immediate attention -- that I've caught so far -- are tires. Only one real bad, but in typical used car lot fashion nothing matches. She gets rubber Monday morning. Researched an ABS/Stabilitrak issue here before buying -- thanks!

You guys look like a great resource, so if I ask dumb newbie questions, please be gentle!:thx

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,234 Posts
The ABS issue could be caused by different size tires. Unmatched tires will give the front wheel speed sensors (and also speed sensor for rear wheel) incorrect info and set an ABS fault.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks. The tires are all the same size, just different tread patterns and life remaining. When I was negotiating, the dealer's mechanic had ordered the sensor, but my research here confirmed that he probably had the problem correctly understood.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Black 04 Envoy SLT

I bought my Envoy in 2012 4.2 with 100,000 miles, excellent carfax no issues or accidents. I did the usual new tires, brakes and tune up. As of today 9/24/19 168,526 miles No major issues, only routine maintenance. This is the best suv on the market. Looking to get many thousand miles more.

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
175 Posts
We just bought an '04 Envoy w/ 192K on the clock . A new oil pressure switch and removing an AC clutch shim made us happy .
The rig is tight with not a single rattle .
I'll have to take a look at the headlights . Any preemptive maintenance is a good thing .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts