Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am new to this forum and looking for some help and opinions.

I am considering putting running boards or nerf bars of some type on my 08 SS. Do yall think it would even look good?? I have the black granite metallic paint... I've been searching through pics, I found one black SS with running boards that seems to be contoured to the body and smaller then most and thought they looked great... i was thinkin about looking into those or finding some wide tube bars (i thought they would look alright with the SS body)

Any help would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
111 Posts
I wouldn't do the nerf bars, nerf bars main funtion is to protect you rocker panels while off road, and a step second. plus i don't think they would look even slightly good on an SS. There better for something that is lifted or when you are trying to achieve a more rugged look to your trailvoy. Running boards may look nice if you find a set that fits with the body lines and look airodynamic. Plus molded vehicle spacific running boards will give your SS an even lower appearance.:m2:

·
Registered
2007 chevy
107 Posts
Hey, I am new to this forum and looking for some help and opinions.

I am considering putting running boards or nerf bars of some type on my 08 SS. Do yall think it would even look good?? I have the black granite metallic paint... I've been searching through pics, I found one black SS with running boards that seems to be contoured to the body and smaller then most and thought they looked great... i was thinkin about looking into those or finding some wide tube bars (i thought they would look alright with the SS body)

Any help would be appreciated!!
check out my pics, i had a pair of the westen nerf bars on my SS, they didnt look bad, i had to do some mods the bolt assembly useing longer carrige bolts and a bunch of washers so that it drew it in closer to the sides of the skirt, at first they stuck out kinda far but with the proper hard ware it had a pretty nice look, gave it more of a dropped look i think do to the fact that they were 4inch I.D tubes, but it wasent what i was looking for tho,it had the plastic insert were you would step on, and trust me, with an SS there is no reason to have nerf bars you dont need a step of any kind to get in the ride, and i to had seen the ones you were talking about that contured the skirt and were smaller, and sure enough i stumbled across them, there smaller in diameter then the actule nerf bars i believe 3inch or even 2 3/4 inch,, there is no plastic step plate on them of any kind, all chrome, and really clean looking, there called SPORT TUBES, i guess from what the parts guy told me they are ment to resmeble a simulated exhust pipe running down the side, he said this was the first one he had ever sold, outta 400 nerf bars, THEY LOOK GREAT i think, real clean look if ya got chrome rims on the SS it sets the rims off like crazy! SPORT TUBES check em out i think youll like them alot, and if your leaning twords the nerf bars iv got the set that i took off to replace them with the sport tubes, iv got pics of the nerf bars on my profile, but non of the sport tubes yet my computers on the frits, let me know if ya found them and if yopu like them, i think you will:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.