Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone! i live in mexico and its harder for me to find mods for my SS, my question is. What would you suggest me putinng a catback or removing the catalytic converters and having striaght pipes???

thanks!!:)

·
Registered
837 Posts
I had the same question when i went to put pipes on a suburban i was going to lift up...what the guy told me all depends on what you want...i assume since you have an ss your going to want performance with the sound...that is where you would go with a catback (borla makes a good catback for the ss but im sure others have different opinions)...cutting the catalytic converter and running a straight pipe is strongly recommended against...basically all you will have is sound with no performance...there will be no backpressure to increase horsepower...in fact, you will loose some

IMO i met a guy at a trailvoy meet who had a 06 white ss and the only mod he had was a removed muffler and resonator with a straight pipe (forgive me if i got it a little wrong)...it won't get you a lot of horsepower gain but the sound was amazing...prob an easy solution for you since parts are going to be very expensive

hope that helps

·
Registered
2008 chevy
422 Posts
yeah im gunna have to go ahead and disagree with sparky on this one. a cat back exhaust has been proven to do absolutely nothin for power on the SS and by proven weer talkin dyno after dyno. if your looking for sound corsa either touring or sport they both sound great other than that have your on made the other cat backs are a waste of money. the only power to be gained from the exhaut under a lightly moded SS is through headers and you can increase that power by taking the cats off. BUT a big part of doing that is gettin it tuned accordingly after doing so. im guessing by your question you want to be loud. if you have some money to spend go with either ARH or kooks headers catless why corsa sport and get a tune from pcmforless. youll be loud and gain a few ponies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts