Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
chevy
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished installing my Christmas present, I love this HU 7" screen. I currently have my Ipod & Sirius hooked up. With future add on of the NVE-P1 Alpine Removable Navigation Drive & a reverse camera. The pictures don't do the screen justice, the video is amazing. let me know what you think.

Video from Ipod

Video from DVD

·
Registered
chevy
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
223 Posts
Looks awesome! Do you have the Bose system? If so, notice any difference better or worse with the new head unit?

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
19 Posts
Good decision on not getting the Blackbird. I have read many reviews on the blackbird and 90% of them were not very good. I thought about getting that HU but since the Blackbird has too many issues I don't want to get it. I am thinking about getting the Pioneer AVIC Z3. I found one on the internet for about $1,200. I bet the picture is awesome though. Alpine always manufactures good products (except the Blackbird) Good luck with the HU. What adaptors did you have to buy, and do you have any pics of the install?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
i haven't heard anything about them. ive only had the pleasure of seeing them in action in two vehicles. they worked flawlessly, and i personally enjoyed how the navigation is portable. the only drawback was the price point. ill have to do some research on this one, i thought it was a winner.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
19 Posts
I saw a few Blackbirds on ebay going for about $250-$300 and that was about a month ago, but if I were you I would definetly read a few reviews on the Blackbird. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I also have this unit... and I can honestly say that between my old 8V Eclipse and the 2V W505, the W505 wins hands down as far as sound quality goes... I have a few friends that have the Blackbird 200 and have had zero issues with them... Ill be getting one myself in the next couple weeks... What do you think about the unit, do you like it?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
224 Posts
nice nice i have the same headunit... i have had mine for 6 months and its the best headunit i have ever bought:thumbsup:

·
Registered
chevy
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also have this unit... and I can honestly say that between my old 8V Eclipse and the 2V W505, the W505 wins hands down as far as sound quality goes... I have a few friends that have the Blackbird 200 and have had zero issues with them... Ill be getting one myself in the next couple weeks... What do you think about the unit, do you like it?
I love it, best HU i have every owned. I'm seriously considering getting the Imprint add on for it. Does anyone have it and is it worth the extra $170?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
107 Posts
:thumbsup:Niccceee and another:thumbsup: for the Alice In Chains playing, one of my very favorites

1 - 13 of 13 Posts