Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my SS back from the body shop. The Good Hood fit perfectly. My buddy is Frank Piunti from FJM Auto Sales in Hobart, Indiana. He does alot of restore work on older classics. He said the hood fit just right. The fiberglass was flawless and all he needed to do was prep and paint. As you can see, the hood is awesome looking. I didn't fool around with trying to make it functional but the CAI probably is doing its job. I am relatively new here and you guys are great. I have gotten alot of help. Thanks and enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
thats pretty nice. i prefer the cowl look myself, but that works well with your truck, well done!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
Man that looks good. I have always wanted one.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Awww man dude!! Now I have to add that to the mods list for my 08 SS (nice choice BTW :thumbsup:), think Ive finally got a paint guy who does good work. Now for the finances, not gonna happen for a while, end of summer at best but probably summer 2010.

Personally I like the look of this hood a TON more than the cowl one. Yes some people want a cowl hood and thats cool but the body lines dont flow as well as this one does, and I like the look of factory + just a little extra and this one has it, the cowl screams at you. This is why my 02 doesnt have anything except debadge, demould, and white wheel overlay on the outside that GM wouldnt itself do. All the lights, mirror and clearance, are factory parts and IMO this ram air hood looks more factory than the cowl. That said, its personal preference and we're the ones paying for it!

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
221 Posts
:hail: I want that hood. Looks really good. :hail:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
looks great.. but if that is an actual good hood.. it is suppose to be functional... the exist for the ram air comes out rite over the air intake...

i'm waiting for there new hood to come out.. its kinda like a trans aim hood... looks killer sweet...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts