Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just found TrailVoy after obtaining a 2003 Trailblazer LT from my father. I just lifted it, threw on some new wheels and tires, and added a basket.
New to the 4x4 scene so if anyone is interested to meet up in the area let me know. I'm located in Santa Clarita, California.
IMG_1239.jpg

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Well .... I left La-La Land over 12 years ago, so since I'm 1700 miles away from SoCal ... I kinda doubt any vehicular hookups are on the horizon for us.

Where do you think you'd like to drive? I know a lot of SoCal fire roads and ran on many of them.

One of my favorite rides is from Florida Avenue in Hemet through Mountain Center (stay on 74/right fork), through Lake Hemet, Garner Valley staying on Pines to Palms Highway, go past Paradise Corner (greatfood +Sunday live jazz), turn off at Santa Rosa Peak Road, go to the top. Outstanding view! Check out the crazy trees in the top.

The road over to the next peak may or may not be open to vehicles ... hike it if not, for another wild-a$$ view!

SIDEBAR ---> Did you know that Hwy 74 was in the movie: It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World?
Did you know I was an extra in that movie and I can be seen in several places?​
Well .... even if you DON'T know it .... i was.​

If you watch the movie before you take the full drive all the way down 74 to Cathedral City, you can spot all the places from the movie. Coming back up 74 will sometimes make the sites easier to spot.

There was a running fishing stream year round, alongside 74. This is/was the same stream that (in the movie) Phil Silvers launches his car into and it floats downstream. I was on the site as they filmed that scene many times to get it right. You'll notice there's no engine in the car that actually floated.

I used to fish in that stream until the EMWD stole the water and ran it through an aqueduct and sent it to Lake Perris, Lake Skinner, Lake Matthews, Lake Elsinore, etc., down into The Santa Ana River via The Santa Ana West Fork Feeder and out to the ocean.
Now it also feeds Dominagoni Reservoir, which feeds drinking water to San Diego faucets.​

This aqueduct totally eliminated the water table in Gilman Springs (it was called Gilman Springs because it USED TO HAVE springs) ... where the Indians still have a gated community ... with no wells or ground water any more ... and dead citrus orchards and dry farmland.
There's a California Gold chapter on YouTube about it.​

You can visit the reservation if you like by leaving your driver's license at the gate and signing a document that you know you are not under The US Constitution while you visit.
There's a California Gold chapter on YouTube about it.​

..... just sayin' ......

·
Registered
10 Posts
The tire has an aggressive tread pattern, hopefully, you'll be able to find an off-road buddy. You will surely meet a lot of people during the adventure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts