Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife's 04 TB LS with ~84K miles mostly highway, 2WD and when in park or neutral the trans was making a very slight oscillating noise. Did the trans flush and when checking the dipstick one side of the stick is very high up on the stick while the other side is pretty low. Service engine light came on so I added 2 qts to the tranny and the low side of the stick is in the correct range. Noise appears to be gone. Anyone else notice this? Also, the instrument cluster is jacked up; tach is almost always way off and sometimes the temp is off too (they don't fully bottom out on startup). Only other thing is a slight bump in the idle. I am used to wrenching on an all mechanical IDI diesel so all these wires and sensors are a little much. Any info is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
since over filling a transmission is just as bad as under filling a transmission. i would personally drain out all the fluid and put in the exact amount of quarts that you need no more and no less. i would look up how many quarts you need since i dont know off the top of my head.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.