Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the gmos-04 for my truck. 03 TB LT/EXT w/onstar,bose,steering wheel controls. My problem is I have to splice the wires on the back of my replacement to the GMOS-04 because as you see it is not a common product. Can anyone help me out here. Also I have 2 wires coming out of the rear of my unit that are for steering wheel controls. Would anyone know where do I connect these to?

link is--------http://cgi.ebay.com/7-DOUBLE-DIN-CAR-DVD-GPS-TOUCH-SCREEN-BLUETOOTH-IPOD_W0QQitemZ200350526201QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_V ideo_Navigation?hash=item2ea5d26af9&_trksid=p3911. c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A 1205%7C240%3A1307%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Does anyone have a breakdown to the stock wiring harness so I dont screw anything up and also so I can stop bothering you guys/gals out there.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Your new mystery do-everything head unit. Especially the steering control wires. What are they expecting for signals, and from what kind of vehicle? Is there an on-line manual PDF for what you bought? Or did you just get a paper one with it?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a bogus paper manual that has the same info stickered on to the HU. I scanned it and revised it cause it was missing the steering wheel wires. Refer to Hu Harness)

The info I need help with is I am connecting the GMOS-04 to the rear harness of the HU replacement. (Refer to HU harness pic 1.)

Can you walk me through this on connecting this HU to the GMOS-04. Thanks.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry I am having major problems downloading the other picture.
Basically I have 4 wires I need to connect to the Harness of the GMOS-04.
Red - Acc
Yellow - Batt +
Blue - 12- Out
Black - Batt -
The reason I need to splice these wires off from my HU harness is because it won't fit into the GMOS-04. Next question is do I need to splice the speaker wires as well?

How would you guys do it if it were your truck? The information can be found on the attachment on the bottom left harness not top right. The top right needs to get connected to the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
198 Posts
The gmos-04 has all the connections you will need. You shouldn't have to splice any wires, just connect them together.

Red: From gmos, to red of new radio
Yellow: From gmos, to yellow of new radio
Black: From gmos, to black of new radio
Blue/White: From gmos, to blue of new radio

Then connect the rca's from the gmos to your new radio.

Plug the harnesses into the gmos and then the 24-pin gray into your car harness. Should fire right up.

This is a picture of what you should have:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts