Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 02 doggie that I was hoping to find some install instructions for the shocks/struts on this suv. Had to subcribe just to search! YUCK! I have a manual but the wife likes to hide it so I was hoping...no such luck. But this does gives some great recommendations on the brands of shocks!

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,230 Posts
welcome to the site!
Hd Bilstein stuts and rear shocks are the hot ticket these days.
You will need a pitman arm puller and a good strut spring compressor.

oh, and some band aids if you have never done it before..heehee..

see if this link sticks..
trucktestdigest.com/ttdfeaturestrutandshockinstall.htm

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
179 Posts
Welcome to the site. This site is very useful, there are also a lot of very knowledgable people who are willing to help you with every aspect of owning and maintaining your vehicle. Hope you enjoy this website, as much as I do. Once again, welcome!

·
South Chapter
4,615 Posts
Welcome to TrailVoy!!! Enjoy your Ride!!!:thumbsup:

The Rears are very easy....you don't even have to jack up your ride.....unbolt and replace, it's really that easy.....the fronts will take some time and a spring compressor.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank ye

Gonna have some fun doing the rears and let someone handle the struts. Me and loaded springs don't do to well. My old garage spring comes to mind! I personally always used Ranchos in all my old trucks but with these newer contraptions I figure the classy Bilsteins HD will work! My old Ranchos were so hard that I would hit a bump and taste my spleen. Wifey will want a softer ride but this doggie pitches and yaws so much I am hoping it helps a bit. The site looks very well thought out and organized!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.