Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm new here. I've had my 04 LS for over a year now and it's been a really great vehicle. I'm glad I can find a forum like this!

Has anyone had accessory drive rattling? Mine started doing it about a month ago and it's getting bad. Nothing internal as it doesn't leak/burn anything, it performs great and has no idiot lights. Also seems to run alittle rough, though it has 70K and I've scanned it for codes and have found nothing.

I can't see anything wrong by visually looking at the drives in motion. Any phantom problems out there that sound similar? Also, the standard head unit loses time at any given time, I've learned to deal with it but is that a common issue?

Any help/contact/whatever is appreciated. Have a good one!!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
150 Posts
first, welcome to the site. i havent had the drive rattle problem, but as for the roughness, if its coming from the engine you might try a throttle body cleansing

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
685 Posts
Try the search button it's your best friend.

Welcome to the party.:woot:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome!

Well, after searching this wonderful forum and checking the engine-out at idle, I am now 97% my fan clutch is toast. I'll try the 2500 rpm trick GMT360 wrote about, but I think I'm eventually gonna have to replace the stupid thing. Probably have to talk to the local Firestone about changing it since I am scared to death to see what the dealer will charge!!!:eek:

Thanks again all.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
916 Posts
Welcome! :tiphat

There are a lot of great folks here with a wealth of knowledge and experience just waiting to share it. :grouphug: We all look forward to your contributions as well.

Have you checked out the Site Rules yet? The site rules can be found under the Resources drop-down menu at the top of any TrailVoy page. A link follows this paragraph. Site Rules provide guidelines for being a responsible participant in the TrailVoy community. :yes: I'm sure you will enjoy this site and it will serve you and your TV for a long time to come. :)
http://forums.trailvoy.com/view.php?pg=rules

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,353 Posts
Glad you could join us! Welcome!

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,228 Posts
welcome to the site :tiphat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts