Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I'm Chris......and I'm addicted to my trailblazer. Seriously, this site opened my eyes and I've been working on it (my "ManBlazer") ever since.
SO FAR, I've added an intake, replaced my dome lights with LEDs, got a console and CB, and shaved the emblems/molding. NEXT is 2/3 lower, resonator removal, sway bars, PCM tune, servo swap, SS wheels, Black head liner and plastics, (car is dark green) black pearl paint from the windows up.

So here is my problem(s), and I will be providing pictures Shortly...
I have a Police console with 2 radio holders(CB for me), 4 switches, cup holder, and a cig lighter hole. Its flat black, and laser cut metal (stainless maybe?) and has a neat look to it.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/pts/1080688695.html

here is a cude set of pics from the add I got it from.

Anywho, my problem is I don't know what I should do with all this. I know it sounds silly, but I finally found a console, and now I don't know what to do with it! I.E. What should I do with the 4 switch panel? there are endless possibilities! and the console itself? Fiberglass? Black with stainless screws to match a new model shifter? Also there is a third removable plate behind the 2 cb mounts, I KNOW there is something waiting to be done there...
Last 2 questions...lol sorry! Where can I find an actual wiring diagram? And does anyone have a slick looking mounting place for a Antenna and a good antenna? I know a larger antenna gives you range, But I'm looking for a good functional/stylish compromise.
Thank ya'll for the help and Ideas!!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,483 Posts
That is a pretty sweet console... There have been people looking all over the place for a console like that for the TB. Havis makes one, but it uses the front half of the OEM console.

Are you affiliated with a Fire Department, or EMS agency?

Would you be able to take some pics of the console?

Nice work so far :thumbsup:

·
Registered
chevy
1,797 Posts
Those switches would come in handy for accessory lighting...:thumbsup:

If all else fails, and you can't think of anything to use it for, you could always send it to me!:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, just a X-Navy current college student. The guy I got it from had a police supply store and fabricated about 10 of these for local police. He went out of business and had 1 left in his garage.

"If all else fails, and you can't think of anything to use it for, you could always send it to me!"

O NO SIR! I WILL MAKE IT WORK! lol

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts
I searched the site and found some antenna mounting pictures:
(credit to original posters)

There was one more I remember seeing, but can't find it now. The mount was on the front...coming up from the gap between the hood and the fender.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
hehe-- nice find.
You already have a CB.
Id find myseld a nice used police scanner.
the switches will be fused- and will control power to the scanner and the CB.
Maybe you even want to install a rechargeable flashlight on to that somehow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PICTURES! Finally, right?

I had to remove the air box so it would set even, but I think later on I am going to try to make another to fit the console. The CB looks cool, but I have to fab a bracket to hold it in place, should be done by the weekend. It does need a little TLC, but not too much.

Thanks for all the help!!:hail:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts