Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Pewter ls with automatic trans. 4x2, gray cloth interior.
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 02 TB ls has 206k on the clock and I have the P0440 code. Already replaced the rubber hoses from the fuel filler neck a few days ago and the rest of the evap system is fine as far as we can tell.

I've heard the fuel pump gasket is prone to leak and can cause this code. My pump is working fine and not really looking to spend a whole lot on this so has anyone the Brand Agility Auto parts?

It comes with the wire harness and gasket and I will get a new lock ring from Amazon.

Agility Part #003-10221 its $41 shipped from Carid.com

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
872 Posts
Well, I would be very suspicious of a sub-$30 fuel pump assembly. If you are lucky, it might last a couple of weeks, oh, and don't get too hung up on their claim that it comes with a lifetime warranty. It might be a lifetime warranty provided the fuel pump assembly is installed by a licensed (in the Republic of Lower Unctun) mechanic working for a licensed (in the Commonwealth of Elmerland) automotive and bar-b-que shop.

If you think about it, Carid has to make some money on the transaction, as does Agility Auto, and the outfit that actually manufactured the fuel pump has to make some money as well, so that fuel pump likely cost something like $3.00 to manufacture. Now, think about it. Can a manufacturer actually make money on a fuel pump assembly that costs them in terms of labor, materials, taxes, utilities, etc., a whopping $3.00 US dollars? I don't thing so even if they are purchasing their raw components in bulk.

Unless you are going to sell that TrailBlazer in the very near future, your odds at not having to spend a lot of money are much better in Las Vegas than they are in installing that fuel pump.

Agility Auto is in all likelihood an importer of cheap auto parts that are cheap for a reason - they are likely manufactured in some 4th world sweat shop using substandard materials and zero Quality Control. I would not even consider these parts to be knock-offs. They are more than likely knock-offs of knock-offs of knock-offs that were really poor knock-offs of an original part that was already of marginal design. ebay is full of companies like this selling cheap (and cheesy) auto parts of unknown origin.

Heck even a Carter fuel pump, likely at the lower end of the quality auto parts suppliers from the reviews I have read on their fuel pumps elsewhere, sell for around $120 at rockauto.com. At least with a Carter fuel pump, one actually gets a halfway decent part manufactured using halfway decent materials with halfway decent workmanship and the company that owns Carter Fuel Systems (Trico as in Trico wiper blades) isn't going to disappear overnight so their warranty likely means something.

I remember reading about a gentleman who gambled on a sub $50 fuel pump for his son's truck. The fuel pump lasted right abut 14 days before it crapped out on the kid right after he got some gasoline at a reputable station his family frequented. Well, the gentleman admits he knew better, but let the low price guide his purchasing decision. He wound up purchasing either a new ACDelco or Delphi fuel pump and had to drop the fuel tank again in order to put in the fuel pump he knows he should have purchased in the first place.

I know, it is' your money, and your time, so if you don't mind having to drop the fuel tank a second or third time or fourth time in order to replace the sub $30 fuel pump of questionable quality, go right ahead. Plus, good luck in getting them to stand behind their warranty multiple times.

Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts