Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get stiffer coils for the front to take out the sag due to winch and winch mount. does anyone know where i can order such a thing from. possibly Z71 coils from tahoe or Suburban if that would work. would like to get maybe 2 inches out of the front. i already have the bds coil spacers, but the weight of the winch and winch mount has brought the front back to stock height on the worn out stock coils. any help would be appreciated.

thanks, bogger

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
625 Posts
I'd say get coils out of a trailvoy swb v-8 or ext v-8.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,055 Posts
There's a thread somewhere that digs deep into front coil info. Apparently, based on some kind of color coding, we have up to 10 different spring rates for the front coils.

Someone tried to make sense of it all but I don't think there was a definitive answer. Also, I don't think it was ever determined if the different coils have different part numbers.

Anyone remember the thread?

AG5

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Search for "zibby" posts. He had the chart. Problem is, the supply chain for replacement parts has fewer part numbers in it than the factory used for manufacturing. Nobody knows exactly how many or what kind of coils are in the replacement parts logistics channel.

Rumor is if you go to a dealer to order a replacement coil, they take your VIN and run a data base lookup, then give you the coil to "match" what you were made with. Might be tough to get a stiffer spring.

So far, nobody's discovered any GM or other kind of spring that will fit our perches in the front.

I need some (or the long-promised aftermarket racing coilovers) for the same reason.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
60 Posts
check out spring works. they will do just about anything in relation to springs and they already have our truck as an option. last quote i got was about 450 for heavy duty springs lifted 2 inches

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
check out spring works. they will do just about anything in relation to springs and they already have our truck as an option. last quote i got was about 450 for heavy duty springs lifted 2 inches
Please keep us updated on this. :yes: A lot of us that are either currently running or plan on running an of road bumper would love to have this option due to the extra weight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.