Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2003 Envoy XL SLT a few weeks ago 107k miles. On here looking for service support suggestions.
I like the vehicle but it has a few issues that need addressed.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm searching for information on how to get at the ventilation blower - sounds like a rodent built a nest in there.

I also have the cooling fan roar issue and am trying to decide how to deal with it.

Hopefully, I will find some threads in here somewhere.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all of the welcomes!

I found out where the ventilation blower is and a clue on how to remove it from a few threads on this site - thanks.

Just in case someone stumbles upon this thread, it is behind the glove box. Take the two screws out under the glove box that hold the plastic cover on and then take the three screws out that hold the blower motor/cover in place. You don't even have to disconnect the motor wires, just take care to pull all of the wires out of the way.

There was a large mass of coarse grass in the center of the fan. The mice here are heck on cars. They destroyed three fans in a '90s era Cavalier I had; chewed through wires and killed one Impala's mid vent fan speed control; stunk up a Bonneville by having the audacity of dying in the vent; and chewed through the wires going to the windshield washer pump in a Daytona.

I had a cat that chased the bears off of the property, but he just couldn't keep the voles out of the cars. He died, so now I get the bears. Here's a pic of one 10 feet from my front deck. We chased him off the deck and he thought he was hiding.:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts