Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wrecked the envoy and need a new front bumper cover and grille, and am going to be putting the stock denali grille in place of the stock SLT grille. now my question is the guy at the body shop are telling me its not going to fit even though they are replacing the support for it anyway. so is it possible and if so is the only thing i need to replace is the support for it.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
From what I've read, the grill is a direct replacement. And the bumper cover just needs the new support. More will jump in, I'm sure. Or call around to other body shops.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
64 Posts
I've done it.. direct replacement
Did you have to buy the whole shell or just the middle chrome grill? I cant seem to find answers on it. It doesnt look like the middle of the stock grill pops out, it looks like a whole assembly attached to the grill which means you would have to get the whole thing and have the outsides painted body color?

any info or pics of it would be great....Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i need the entire assembly as well as the piece underneath that holds the headlights and the grille too, another question is there a huge difference between the SLT bumper cover and he denali bumper cover?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,127 Posts
Did you have to buy the whole shell or just the middle chrome grill? I cant seem to find answers on it. It doesnt look like the middle of the stock grill pops out, it looks like a whole assembly attached to the grill which means you would have to get the whole thing and have the outsides painted body color?

any info or pics of it would be great....Thanks!
yes you need the whole assembly and it will need to be color matched.

i need the entire assembly as well as the piece underneath that holds the headlights and the grille too, another question is there a huge difference between the SLT bumper cover and he denali bumper cover?
the beams behind the bumpers are different.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes you need the whole assembly and it will need to be color matched.

the beams behind the bumpers are different.
when you say the beams? you mean he "bumper" right, because i know there are small differences in the denali and SLT bumper cover, but your talking about the actual structural member that protects you right? because thats getting changed out too

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,127 Posts
when you say the beams? you mean he "bumper" right, because i know there are small differences in the denali and SLT bumper cover, but your talking about the actual structural member that protects you right? because thats getting changed out too
i'm talking about the actual structure behind the bumper cover.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts