Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am new as a member but have read the site before. Names nick out of k-falls in southern oregon and workin at Les schwab tire I met a trail blazing envoy with trailvoy stickers. He said he wrote for this site and I should sign up so here I am....got a 2002 tb on 22" tsw exclusive wheels and lowered with a full beltech lowering system. Got just over 101 thousand on her and in all never had to spend much money on problems..... But now I got one! I finally started calculating my mpgs and realized I am getting low 12's in town! I baby it... I take my time gettin to speed, fuel filter changed, air filter ok, new plugs last year, not time for oil change , just did a sea foam treatment and I have no codes or light but a airbag light..... What the heck please help and thanks for havin me! :)... P.S I am a wheel and tire champ so ask away ! Haha

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat . The bigger the wheel the more power needed to get them rolling. What gears do you have? The 3.42 gears help for highway mileage but, again, take more power to get up to speed. The last thing would be: Have you ever cleaned your throttle body?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the thing is I am actually 1" less overall rolling diameter and my 22"s weight just about the same as my stock wheels and 10 ply tires... And its me who takes the time to get to spee cuz I don't wanna burn more fuel..... I havnt done the throttle body cuz I thought that only helped with idle and what not the mpgs...I might try that next.. Thankst...
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat . The bigger the wheel the more power needed to get them rolling. What gears do you have? The 3.42 gears help for highway mileage but, again, take more power to get up to speed. The last thing would be: Have you ever cleaned your throttle body?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
916 Posts
Welcome! :tiphat

There are a lot of great folks here with a wealth of knowledge and experience just waiting to share it. :grouphug: We all look forward to your contributions as well.

It’s easy to find answers to your questions. The Search Engine is accessible from several locations. Just look for the word “Search” and click on it. A box will open where you will enter your search criteria. “Search” is you friend. Know it. Use it. Love it! :thumbsup:

Have you checked out the Site Rules yet? The site rules can be found under the Resources drop-down menu at the top of any TrailVoy page. A link follows this paragraph. Site Rules provide guidelines for being a responsible participant in the TrailVoy community. :yes: I'm sure you will enjoy this site and it will serve you and your TV for a long time to come. :)
http://forums.trailvoy.com/view.php?pg=rules

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Hiya, Nick! Glad to meet you, except under the circumstances of needing trailer tires, and thanks for coming back to the site. I was a big customer of your chain until I had to move to San Diego and you're just not down here.

The community is invaluable to share advice on keeping our aging vehicles running well, and I hope you can get your mileage back.

PS: After the new trailer tires, I managed to get to the Topsy BLM campground on the Boyle reservoir as I planned. Absolutely NICEST, quiet (during the week) $7 campground I ever found. Drove the Klamath Canyon trail down to Copco Reservoir from Topsy the next day.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,140 Posts
Well I am new as a member but have read the site before. Names nick out of k-falls in southern oregon and workin at Les schwab tire I met a trail blazing envoy with trailvoy stickers. He said he wrote for this site and I should sign up so here I am....got a 2002 tb on 22" tsw exclusive wheels and lowered with a full beltech lowering system. Got just over 101 thousand on her and in all never had to spend much money on problems..... But now I got one! I finally started calculating my mpgs and realized I am getting low 12's in town! I baby it... I take my time gettin to speed, fuel filter changed, air filter ok, new plugs last year, not time for oil change , just did a sea foam treatment and I have no codes or light but a airbag light..... What the heck please help and thanks for havin me! :)... P.S I am a wheel and tire champ so ask away ! Haha
Are those 22's chrome? i have 22 chromes too and i noticed a slight decrease in mpg compared to my stock 17's.

Each of my 22 rim/tire weighs twice as much as the stockers.:crazy:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea mine are chrome but I have also had em for about 4 years so I know it aint really that... Thanks for the In put but I think I might try the throttle. Ody cleanin and what about the front o2 sensor? And where can I get the best deal on the sensor? Thanks nic
Are those 22's chrome? i have 22 chromes too and i noticed a slight decrease in mpg compared to my stock 17's.

Each of my 22 rim/tire weighs twice as much as the stockers.:crazy:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.