Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided I was gonna start building a new box for my DC level 5 18. This one will be sub up port back.

5.75 cubes
118" sq. port area
tuned to 37hz

Gotta have an action shot :cool:

Rounded the port (both the corner and end)

I took more pics then I thought I should have but I like everyone else loves em, so thats it for tonight. Getting this far took a little longer then anticipated because of the fact that my buddy and me had to run a bra to his mom who was eating at applebees (i guess hers broke):dielaugh: I will get most of the work done over weekends, weekdays I have been working 9a-10p and I am wore out by then. I will be using a double baffle for the top and glassing (matt and resin) the inside with gravity 45's. Once I get the top on the glass work may be done during the week at nights after I get off work, we shall see.

·
Banned
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks good what are dims by chance?
not 100% on these dims till I look at my paper again, they were played around with a lot to get everything right, but w31 h24 d22 port 4" x 29.5"

nice trailvoy shirt :D, ive always wondered how people cut a straight line without a table saw, thanks for clearing that up for me.
Me too, and it's such a simple idea too.... :duh:
I was watching the how to make a staight line with a jig on you tube a while back and some guy had made a guide similar with 1/4" or smaller, was about to make one, but this came around, life got easy:laugh:

nice start tommy, def gonna have to subscribe to this one!
Updates weekly:cool:

looking good bro, but i have one question.. your not done yet????
I blame it on the bra issue, yeah, thats it:yes:

do work son!!!!!!!!
You know it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
I was watching the how to make a staight line with a jig on you tube a while back and some guy had made a guide similar with 1/4" or smaller, was about to make one, but this came around, life got easy:laugh:
hmmmmmm i swear i posted a pic of my circ saw jig:raspberry

j/k, cant wait to hear the finished product:cool:

·
Banned
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not much of an update, tested the router+jig for the perfect circle, but I believe the router bit is really dull, kept catching the wood and messing up the circles, good thing I tested first.

I will be the first to admit I dont trust myself that much to make a good circle with a jig saw and no guide, but my buddy was able to handle that task (his dad does a lotta wood work) Tested the hole and the 18 fits like a glove.

Thats aboot it for tonight, was suprised I was able to do work on it a bit tonight. This weekend I should have the outside of the port rounded and other parts of the box with the second baffle on, add some bracing, and start glassing.

Photobucket was down so I had to use the attatchment

Attachments

·
Banned
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Updates? suuuure lol

Got the outside with the roundover bit

Double baffle

I used all thread for bracing

Started glassing tonight, didnt get any pix left my phone in the truck, will post further updates either satuday or sunday but thats where I am as of now

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
looks sik bro...should def sound a lil better too...you still keepin that batt/amp rack in there or yu changin that too?

·
Banned
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
looks sik bro...should def sound a lil better too...you still keepin that batt/amp rack in there or yu changin that too?
that will stay for now, until I can think of something new or completely change it up, theres a new rumor going around and I am very interested in it, so we shall see what happens

1 - 20 of 25 Posts